This is the Message Centre for pbjoiner

On Being Alone

Post 1

pbjoiner

It sucks.

There's not much else to it. I don't like being alone. The dog just doesn't stimulate the way my friends do. Rosebud is a lovely, ancient, cataract ridden mutt and I love her dearly. She's just a lousy conversationalist.

All (and I mean all) my friends are gone. If they're not in Austin they're on the other side of Houston or the whole d@#% county.

Soon I'll be in Sterling, New York with my actor friends doing actor things and making people laugh. Right now, I'm in Houston with my office mates(1) doing office things and trying desperately to laugh as often as possible.

It sucks.

Life's only joy is making people laugh. The joy of the dance -- expending ridiculous amounts of energy just to entertain. There's no greater rush and I have to wait another two months before I can do any.

It's relaxing to have a creative outlet of some kind. Writing is quite my cup of Lapsang Souschong(2) but it will do. Now if I could just get some actual sex I'd be OK.

(1) For those of you who don't know, office mates are rather like room mates or cell mates. We don't get to pick them and they're not particularly close, friendly or even tolerant.

(2) A kind of tea -- bitter, dust like, and probably misspelled.

Key: Complain about this post

On Being Alone

More Conversations for pbjoiner

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more