A Conversation for Mongolian Barbeque

mongolian bbq

Post 1

Wakan

One of my favourites smiley - smiley
Just pour on a lot of those spicy stuff, and a lot of vegetables.
wonderful, just wonderful.... apart from the fact that I always overeat at those restaurants.

It's worth it though.

Wakan

mongolian bbq

Post 2

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

mmmm
I'm hungry now

mongolian bbq

Post 3

Possum

Me too...

And all I can afford is a King-sized Lion Bar from the uni vending machine....smiley - sadface

mongolian bbq

Post 4

ZenMondo

You know it would just figure that the day the entry on Chopsticks got approved, this article started the editorial process. I ofcourse had thougt of other stuff to add. Oh well.

SO when you do eat Mongo, be sure to do so with chopsticks. To use a fork is missing out on an integral part of the Mongo experience.

I agree the hot stuff is the best thing to put in your bowl. But the real question is whether to do it before or after the food is cooked.

I prefer after, if for the only reason the person getting their food cooked after me won't get the hot sauce if they do not want it. At my Mongo BBQ of choice, they used to have the hot pepper sauce there before you cook it, but whenever anyone used it (and they nearly always OVER used it) the next 3-5 bowls would taste of it too. Today the pepper sauce is on the tables.

mongolian bbq

Post 5

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

At our local one, there was a side of the mongolian wok for hot sauces and a side for less strong flavours

mongolian bbq

Post 6

BehindBlueEyes

But part of the experience is the flavor err backwash
from the previous bowl's seasoning. I say let the wimps
deal with the peppers/garlic/whatever offends them.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more