A Conversation for Love

The bain of teenager's lives

Post 1

How does this thing Fly?

Do't you just hate that large gap that seems to exist between "love"and "fancy". "fancy" is such a crass word, and love is just so strong it scares people. In my humble opinion, they are both elements of the same, long scale of love, but why is there no word that exists between them somewhere, that sounds good and isn't too strong. Us teenagers are rarely allowed to be "in love," but who wants to say they really fancy their girlfriend?
I have come up with the word "smeve," or maybe "smethe" to fill this gap (the first e is pronounced as an "a"), but it is hard to get a word that sounds just right. Suggestions would be weccome. and whilst U R at it, visit my item on crisps sometime, please.
A small child

Post 2

Possum

How about "flurve"?

I flurve my girlfriend. Has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?

Post 3

Chrome101

What do you do if you're so crass you're looking for a word *below* fancy?

Not that I'm ... crass or anything ... errr ....

Post 4

Researcher Din

ever hear of something called "like, as in LIKE like"?

Post 5

Chrome101

"I like her. I do, honest..."

Post 6

Emily 'Twa Bui' Ultramarine

...Or do the French thing and say "je t'aime", which has implications of love, without actually being the big "L" word itself.

Incidentally, did you know that one of the French words for "kiss" is also the word "to screw"? It's "baiser", in case you're wondering...

Post 7

Marvin the (forgetful, paranoid, and lazy) Robot who is a member of the ASL, the MTPAFC (or what ever it was called before it be

how about smove, as in small love?
or live as in little love?
or something along those lines?

Post 8

CenterSeeker

Why use words?

IPITYTHAFOOL!!!!
IPITYTHAFOOL!

Post 9

Marvin the (forgetful, paranoid, and lazy) Robot who is a member of the ASL, the MTPAFC (or what ever it was called before it be

what the bloody hell is that suposed to mean? and love is not neccisarily a bad thing

Post 10

CenterSeeker

you fool, IPITYTHAFOOL! thats mr T by the way he's been a friend of mine for quite some time now, IPITYTHAFOOL! yes, yes that's all very nice mr T.
you see, the message i was trying to convey was that words are not nessisarily nessisary(i like that one) to express one's feelings, in fact, I think words are out-right crude and leave lots of room for misinterpritation and hhhwhatnot.

Post 11

ok, I was just kinda confused, and at the minuite, I'm thinking love is a good thing

Post 12

CenterSeeker

um.... I like rice?

Post 13

Oh, so do I, so do I... smiley - bigeyes

Post 14

love is good, I belive in love

Post 15

Purple Dragon

I don't think so - it's a pain in the butt and a major crock. But ignore my opinion, most people do

Post 16

CenterSeeker

have any of you ever eaten rice wile making love?

Post 17

No; only Minstrels. smiley - winkeye

Post 18

rice, hmmmm, you people are odd

Post 19

Martin Harper

Well fancy/love is only needed when you're not getting anywhere with your feelings - once you are, you have the whole gamut from : "just good friends" through "going out with" and "girl/boyfriend" to "soulmate".

And if you're not going out with someone - you might as well be crass, eh? smiley - winkeye

Post 20

can you be crass even if you are going out with them?

just kidding

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more