A Conversation for Love

*sniff*

Post 1

Possum

What a nice entry...made me feel all warm and mushy inside...

Smile Sunshine!

Post 2

Celtic Ewok

Hey Possum, long time no hear from. Cheer up, the right individual will one day sweep into your life and you'll find that all fairytales are true after all and that this is the one that you've waited for all your life. Trust me, I met my match and I'm hoplessly in love with him.

Ewok

Smile Sunshine!

Post 3

Possum

Hmm, not too sure about that - I think I'll go off and become a Nun...or would I have to be a woman for that? Damn it!

Proverbs

Post 4

Celtic Ewok

To be a nun you must be a female.... LOL Anyways, really, I mean what I say. Love is waiting in some dark corner for all of us and sooner or later (I found that it's usually later) it jumps out at us all and snags us throughly....

"There are finer fish in the sea than have ever been caught." ~ An Irish Proverb

Proverbs

Post 5

Possum

Maybe I could start my own brotherhood of male nuns...it's bound to catch on...

There's an old Tajik proverb which says something along the lines of "Love is a complete swine"...

Proverbs

Post 6

Anya

Perhaps we can start a coed abbey for the unlucky in love. . .unfortunately, once everyone was at the abbey, they would start getting lucky!

Oh well, back to the drawing board for me. Who's heard of a Jewish nun, anyway?

Proverbs

Post 7

Possum

I don't know - if I can be a male nun, then I'm sure Jewish nuns should be allowed. smiley - winkeye

Maybe we should petition the Pope, or whatever. See if we can get the rules changed a little.

Proverbs

Post 8

Anya

That would be one heck of an abbey - if you ever read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, do you remember the chattering nuns? Maybe something like that could be arranged.

Proverbs

Post 9

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Male nuns... I like that idea. I see an abbey full of Jewish and male nuns. And one could invite some of the chattering nums from Good Omens to join us. But what of the habbits?

Proverbs

Post 10

Anya

The habits? Hmmm. . . .how about the old standard scratchy robes with scanty lingerie underneath - mandatory for both sexes?

Proverbs

Post 11

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I jsut might go for something like that, but I fear that I find them to chaffe in all the wrong places.

Proverbs

Post 12

Anya

That's what the lingerie is for.

Proverbs

Post 13

Possum

I'm all for scanty lingerie, so long as it's red - I wouldn't wear any other colour.

Proverbs

Post 14

Anya

I prefer black myself.

Proverbs

Post 15

SkippyVicious

I believe that the male equivalent to a nun is a monk, although there aren't a lot of monastaries around anymore, except for historical tours and whatnot, mainly involving beer.

The good news is that you can wear brown robes and not worry about the scratchy lingerie smiley - smiley

Proverbs

Post 16

Possum

I was kinda looking forward to the lingerie...

Proverbs

Post 17

TIMELORD

If you are set on becoming a nun you could go the hole way a few quick cuts and then a few pills and you could be a woman in no time there again there's about 3 billion women in the world so maybe you could keep trying a bit longer.

Proverbs

Post 18

mirry

Don't you just love good omens? its my favourite book ever.

Proverbs

Post 19

Anya

Oh yes! It is so good, people thought I was crazy because I was often moved to laugh aloud.

Proverbs

Post 20

TIMELORD

Is that the only reason they think your crazy.

Key: Complain about this post