A Conversation for Llandrindod Wells, Wales, UK

For Editors

Post 1

BuskingBob

Folks - I missed out a bit - in the last paragraph, the inference is that the stream is the spa water - the spa waters actually drip through the rocks and emerge above the stream. The stream itself tastes bad, but not as bad as the spa water that can be seen dribling into it.

For Editors

Post 2

Barbarossa

I would have to say that Llandod is in a very picturesque area of Wales and on a sunny day the views from the golf course can be spectacular. However, i can say without a doubt that if you do go there try and avoid the locals wherever possible. The town has an amazing propensity for gossiping. One silly drunken act on a night out that you probably don't even remember, will rest assured be transmitted throughtout the surrounding countryside before your hangover has even begun to dissapate! Avoid the Hampton, the Pavillion and the dreaded, and dying, Victorian week! Oh, and apparently Llandod used to be the Heroin capital of Wales after Cardiff. Hmmmmmmmm....

But i guess it is better than Builth and Rhayader (less fergies!) smiley - smiley

For Editors

Post 3

Barbarossa

Oh, and as an afterthought, don't drink from the spa fountain. That is where Llandod's finest go to relieve their bladders on Friday nights! Actually, just avoid the whole rock park after 7:00 and go and sit in the Llanarch and talk to John.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Llandrindod Wells, Wales, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more