This is the Message Centre for Norberg01

A dumb question.

Post 1

james007

But one which needs asking, because I've forgotten.

Nordberg. Wasn't he in MASH? Which one? The balding round-glasses one?

A dumb question.

Post 2

Norberg01

Actually,

Nordberg is the name of (and I don't believe I'm fessy up to this, not to mention still using the nickname) OJ Simpson's character from "The Naked Gun" movies. Nordberg was most memorable for his clumsiness and inability to do things right.

Please note that the nickname denotes my similar physical ineptitude to the character of Nordberg and should not be used to associate me with OJ Simpson in any way (Oh God, please).

I can't recall if there was a Nordberg in MASH.

A dumb question.

Post 3

james007

Of *course*.

I got you confused with a MASH character. I've discovered he was called "Radar". Which is close to Nordberg. It's got a "D" in it. smiley - smiley

A dumb question.

Post 4

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

That one was nagging at me, too... I knew I knew the name, but couldn't place it to save my life. The fact that it was OJ clued me in, though... I'm trying to forget everything about him. smiley - winkeye

Welcome to the Guide! I'm an Assistant Community Editor (ACE) here to, well, assist. smiley - winkeye I've got a couple of handy links that might help a new researcher such as yourself:

The ACEs homepage has a lot of links to stuff that'll help you get comfortable here: http://www.h2g2.com/A214796

Some of the social side of H2G2 can be found here: http://www.h2g2.com/A270325

And if you have any questions, just let me know. If I can't answer it, chances are I know someone who can. smiley - winkeye

A dumb question.

Post 5

Norberg01

Thanks for the welcome.
I guess the only question I have is "Why don't I find a better nickname?" But I think I'm the only one who can answer that. Something as obscure as my current one, but without the general double-murder overtones.

I'm always looking for suggestions.

Nordberg01 (Dave)

A dumb question.

Post 6

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

lol... Hey, if you're happy with the nickname, that's all that matters. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Norberg01

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more