This is the Message Centre for discopants

6/4/00 4pm: Depressing

Post 1

discopants

Today I have been mostly getting gradually more upset about the emerging stories about the two Leeds fans who have been stabbed to death in Turkey. I can't believe that UEFA have allowed eastern European countries to get away with their aggressive approach to visiting foreigners and it takes two people to be murdered before anything is done about it. The response from the top will certainly be underwhelming as the authorities have clearly still failed to learn from Heysel, Hillsbrough etc. For God's sake, all these people want to do is watch a football match. I heard an Arsenal fan today who was going to their game at Lens and his ten year old son was uncontrollably upset and begged him not to go because he didn't want his dad to be killed at the football. Sickening.

Key: Complain about this post

6/4/00 4pm: Depressing

More Conversations for discopants

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more