This is the Message Centre for androyd

Androyd..

Post 1

Seven of Nine [(1x52)-2-8]x1=42!

Androyd, I was not interrupting your conversation.
I was replying to Arpeggio's post to:
"Saint Empath,

I've *taught* anger management. Also conflict resolution, also just about every other subject in the area of psychology. I *said*, in this self-same thread, which is not very long yet, we used to be a therapist.

Have you thought of taking remedial English?

Auntie, wondering what you think your point is, except gratuitous nastiness and false accusations."

I am certainly not baffled by your b******t, Arpeggio.
Nor am I dazzled by your brilliance.

However, if any of you *are* a teacher, Heaven help the pupils.
I did not post this in the other thread, because she is calling me names now, names I do not think I deserve.
I am a good ACE.
I have the respect of all the other ACEs.
This person worries me, Androyd.
She {them} may be entertaining you, but I doubt she will have the same effect on the younger researchers.

~Seven~

Androyd..

Post 2

androyd

So OK Seven what is the purpose of your post to her page: you are wrong.. It comes across as taking delight in the fact the she made an error. Your response to her was aggressive in itself, or at least thats how it comes across to me. Now I understand why you might want to do that given the self-proclaimed 'genius ' bit, but its hardly likely to make her well disposed towards you is it?
I do know that you misunderstood her reference to being drunk, but I don't condone the aggressive tone she is adopting when she feels under threat. Nor do I think the approach you are taking is actually going to achieve anything but more aggression in response.
My first reaction when reading some of her postings was one of aggression in response to perceived arrogance but rather than reacting to my first impulse I held back. Then the suggestion was made that we try and distract her from her sense of grievance by engaging in a positive way. Perhaps you could read the thread marked To Rant perhaps to Rave and then come back and tell me this is a hoax and not someone who has had an unbelievably traumatic life. It would seem that the argument about younger researchers applies to LeKZ - there are some traumatised young children in there. I can't judge what kicked this all off because the relevant pages have been removed so I'm trying to engage someone constructively and retain her undoubted talent - have you read 'Declining English' - There are at least three others who are doing the same thing - Gwennie, My Red Dice and Amy. Part of her argument is that researchers are not believing her because they just can't accept someone can be like that and are basically implying she is a liar. How would you react? What if she really is the multiple personality she claims to be? Its like you talking to the whole of h2g2 as if it was one person and then blaming all of us for the actions of one or two researchers.

I understand you are upset by her so why not just leave it alone for a while and just observe. If I end up getting gratuitous abuse for no good reason I promise I will post both here and to the Ace Forum that you were right and I was wrong and that I humbly apologise to you. If LeKZ however turns out to be a brilliant contributor who is an asset to the guide - will you do the same?

There appears to be the idea behind your last remark that extremely unconventional people shouldn't be allowed on the guide in case 'younger researchers get upset' - I'm sorry if LeKZ is deemed to be persistently breaking the house rules then she should be barred as anyone should. Otherwise she/they have the same right to be here as anyone else. I think if you read my posting that I refer to 'toddlers of all ages' trying to make the point about younger less confident researchers. What happened through your intervention was that that point got distracted. What were you trying to achieve exactly by jumping in with the remark about drinking and the follow ups?

Androyd..

Post 3

Seven of Nine [(1x52)-2-8]x1=42!

I have already apologized.smiley - smiley
smiley - hug

Androyd..

Post 4

androyd

SO I understand, sorry to you too. smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for androyd

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more