A Conversation for Metal Gear Solid

I'm terrible at this game :-(

Post 1

Mike A (snowblind)

You know the bit where Meryl opens the tank hanger door for you? Haven't got past that bit. Yes, you read that right. I'm terrible at Metal Gear Solid. I had about half a dozen aborted attempts at playing, because I kept getting caught. Whereas I frequently managed to run away, I kept geing found and seen by baddies again and again. So, to clear my conscience and try to play properly, I'd press Restart. And go through it all again...

And you know what? Those thermal goggles...I saw them in that room in the tank hanger. Once. Then I restarted. Again. Now I can't find them. I've been killed and tried again, or pressed Restart button again, but instead of thermal goggles there's a mine detector. So I gave up and played Resident Evil instead smiley - smiley

Post 2

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Good Idea! I've played MGS to death, but it was the inspiration for a lot of things, including VIPER (A699267). Okay, here's what you do to get past the Tank Hanger:
Once the door opens, use either Thermal Goggles or Cigarettes so you can see the beams, then crawl under them all and use your Key Card to leave the Hanger. You'll then fight Vulcan Raven, who's in a tank (and this is only the second boss! smiley - yikes). You should crawl towards him until the Tank's main gun stops firing. Once it stops, throw grenades at the gun-crew 'til it dies. Easy! smiley - smiley

Post 3

Researcher 196624

what a service! help on a question that was asked 2 years ago. smiley - smiley

Post 4

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Hey, I help wherever I can... smiley - cool

Post 5

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if researcher 196624
would go back to there own page and click on the "EDIT PAGE"button and write a little something about yourself , then an "ACE",(Assistant Community Editors), can come and welcome you there properly. Sorry for the interuption.smiley - oksmiley - cheers

manda

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Metal Gear Solid

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more