This is the Message Centre for cheb_guevara

get your non-compatible RAM right here !

Post 1

cheb_guevara

do try this at home.

not wanting to get stuck with 66MHz RAM after i grow out of my [relatively] old pentium 233 with, needless to say, 64 MB RAM on a 66MHz motherboard, i boldly went out and bought some pc-100 [100MHz RAM, designed for slightly faster motherboards]. i ignored most of the advice i got on the subject and went for it.
as it turns out, apart from some freak occurances [1- my computer shutting down completely, with no good explanation as of yet, single occurance thereof; and 2- my periodic breakouts in cold sweat every time something slightly unexpected happens], everything seems to work very well. excellently, even.

there's no moral to this story. i'm not sure it even qualifies as one. however, i have been prone to violent reactions whenever something [computer related] does not go my way, ever wishing i was religious and had someone [god] to blame. therefore, i promptly jotted this down, pretending to have gotten it off of my chest, so to speak.

imagine yourself as the person i talk to when i'm talking to myself...

p.s.
if you try this and fry your board, don't knock on my door when the fuzz arrives, ok?

Key: Complain about this post

get your non-compatible RAM right here !

More Conversations for cheb_guevara

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more