This is the Message Centre for MadMunk?¿

I'm Impressed!!

Post 21

Fredie Ghooouulashhhh

At last! I'e finnished my composition for the end-of-term test, admitedly It sounds like several off- key banshees from hell but atleast if you were to convert it to graphics you would get a message saying "hello sebastian" and a nice little picture of the starship enterprise (NCC 1701). smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

I'm Impressed!!

Post 22

Ac-1D

Sounds arty!

I'm Impressed!!

Post 23

stonyhurst college

Its about to sound better as well, all it realy needs is some variation in the instruments used.

I'm Impressed!!

Post 24

Ac-1D

I'd love to play the Berimbau on it for you but unfortunately it only has three notes (although many different ways of playing them) and it's a little far for me to go. . .

I'm Impressed!!

Post 25

Fredie Ghooouulashhhh

Where does a Berimbau come from and what type of instrument is it.

I'm Impressed!!

Post 26

Ac-1D

It is a Brazilian instrument made with a bow and a gourd. It is quite simple but difficult to play. You can find out a bit by doing a search for "Capoeira Music" on the net. Capoeira is the Martial-Art-Disguised-as-Dance which the Berimbau provides music to.
I will get around to doing a page on it one of these days. . .

I'm Impressed!!

Post 27

Fredie Ghooouulashhhh

Now I have finished my composition and I've got a few Ideas for my next one. smiley - smiley

I'm Impressed!!

Post 28

MadMunk?¿

What does it go like (no, i don't expect you to hum it...)?

I'm Impressed!!

Post 29

Fredie Ghooouulashhhh

Well its an attempt at program music, the story goes...

A phone rings and I answer it, It's my freind X and this is where I used a graphic score to type out the words "hello Sebastian" (thats my name) Only some one seriously autiscic would notice it. This is supposed to represent normal conversation, and greetings you have with some one on a phone. But then after a scale there is a picture a the STARSHIP ENTERPRISE. Ill continue with this later smiley - smiley

I'm Impressed!!

Post 30

Fredie Ghooouulashhhh

Again you would have trouble knowing this just by hearing it, then I tried to put music to a photon torpedo being fired by a pulse slowing down, and then to simulate an explosion I made a big sudden chord. To simulate debris a used very high notes, at random to sound like clinking metal (not that sound travels through a vaccuum).

It sounds Ok but It would have been better if I had more time.

I'm Impressed!!

Post 31

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

gently hits his triangle with a rock while frenetically twirling his tambourine with his left foot

I'm Impressed!!

Post 32

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

To quote someone famous
"the idea is to bang the rocks together guys"

I'm Impressed!!

Post 33

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

While watching the maid, mother, girlfriend, wife, doing the vacuum cleaning.

I'm Impressed!!

Post 34

Researcher 215316

I have of course heard django rheinhart; what I would dearly love tolearn about is his summer festival, dates and locations and so on. Can anyone help with such information. many thanks if you can.

I'm Impressed!!

Post 35

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

As Django died in 1953 - I don't think that he'll be playing many dates this summer smiley - winkeye

You can find more info about him at http://www.hotclub.co.uk/html/history.html

Key: Complain about this post