This is the Message Centre for MadMunk?¿

Adding Sound

Post 21

Pastey

Back to my old computer now PP&L and the sound on your page is a little nifty.smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 22

Pastey

I forgot to say MM, the link is on my page under How2H2G2.smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 23

MadMunk?¿

All ready seen it pastey, and it is really good, i'll refer all newbies that ask me questions to it (although that'll dent my reputation as a problem solver....)
nah, really, it is VERY good. smiley - bigeyes

Adding Sound

Post 24

Pastey

I think something like this would help reputations as problem solvers, most of the quick easy ones can go there leaving us with the more meaty ones that we can really get our teeth into.smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 25

MadMunk?¿

Ahh, yes....
now that's what i call thinking...
Why didn't i ever think of that?
I think my mind must be too highly refined.... smiley - winkeye

Adding Sound

Post 26

MadMunk?¿

BTW, Pastey, the smileys you've put, smiley - smileysmiley - sadface and all, well, they are wrong, they only work with a nose, smiley - winkeye ie ; - )

Adding Sound

Post 27

Pastey

Right, give me five mins and I'll fix it.
I only ever really use the fish you see.smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 28

MadMunk?¿

The fish is the only one i don't actually use (well, i don't use smiley - sadface much either, but then, i'm not usually unhappy around here...)

Adding Sound

Post 29

Pastey

All fixed, I think.smiley - fish
Anything else you think should go on, just let us know.smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 30

MadMunk?¿

Okay, I'll keep my scrutinizing eye out. Always glad to help smiley - bigeyes

Adding Sound

Post 31

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Thanks for the help people - I believe most newbies are quite happy when they first join up but when they go wandering a little a whole new world opens up. Naturally they want to be part of it. Happened to me anyway!! smiley - bigeyes

Adding Sound

Post 32

wingpig

Cool. I've been looking for that sort of code. What's all that hidden="true" business about?

Adding Sound

Post 33

Pastey

Right, here is the code that WORKS.
I've checked it out in both IE and Nuts and it works, you just need to change the URLs of the sound (twice) and the picture. You'll have to let me know if it works within H2G2 though,

<!--

function player() {

var MSIE=navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE");
var NETS=navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Netscape");
var OPER=navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera");
if((MSIE>-1) || (OPER>-1)) {
document.write("");
} else {
document.write("");
}
}

// -->

That hidden true thingy tells the browser that it is not to display that line of code on the page, it just keeps the page a bit cleaner, that's all.smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 34

MadMunk?¿

Thanx Pastey, i'll try that code now.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MadMunk?¿

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more