This is the Message Centre for MadMunk?¿

Adding Sound

Post 1

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Help please. MadMunk I have a panther on my page with an unsatisfactory link to the Pink Panther theme music. Is there a way to post the music on my page? All thoughts gratefully accepted.

Adding Sound

Post 2

MadMunk?¿

Yes, i like the pink panther animation, very good.
Long time not type, loonytunes.
Anyway, yes, I'm guessing you want music to come on whenever you page starts up, yes?
Well, i'll go fish out the code now...

That'll get it to work, on any browser (i think).

Adding Sound

Post 3

Fenchurch M. Mercury

If the file is a midi. Wavs and real audios won't work if embedded on some browsers as they need rarer plugins, and take forever to load anyway... Is/was there music on your page, Madmunk? I never got any, but I admit I haven't been here in a while...

Adding Sound

Post 4

MadMunk?¿

Well, that code worked for me, on a wav file anyways....
And yes, i had the pulp fiction theme on my page, but it was doing my head in, so now it loads on my 'my song' page.
Maybe it only works on wavs for IE, you use Netscape, right?

Adding Sound

Post 5

http://www.high-tech.com/panther

This is the page for the sound. I can't seem to work out which file contains the music. There are numerous different options for sound. I am using Netscape 4.6 and the music on this page works for me

Adding Sound

Post 6

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Nah it works for me, I just missed it while it was on the first page.

Adding Sound

Post 7

Music is up and running. Panther has gone on strike. Isn't life wonderful.

Adding Sound

Post 8

MadMunk?¿

Well done, right, i'll check it out soon then...

Adding Sound

Post 9

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Well apparently people with older computers are having trouble with it... Madmunk, did you give Shazz the etc. code I had on my page? If so, the problem is still contained and I'll see if I can whip something up to skip over old browsers, as I don't want to be the cause of computer-centered hatred smiley - bigeyes

Adding Sound

Post 10

Apparantly sometimes music and animated giffs don't get on well together. To get everything working I occasionaly have to 'refresh' the page to restore everything. I have not encountered any computer-generated hatred but I am an exiled ex-GIRR member.

Adding Sound

Post 11

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Oh, you're not exiled, just "permanantly moved", that's all. I don't think it has to do with animated gifs, because my page doesn't have any and it's apparently crashing some computers... about haveing to refresh the page, that might just be the music's end, the midi was only 6K's when I looked at it, so it may just be a short one and the code only plays it once. I don't know...either way, I'm working on it now...

Adding Sound

Post 12

The music is continuous. Sometimes the panther goes on strike and if I refresh he/she/it starts dancing again.

Your and my pages crashed Grey Area's computer last night (my time)

Adding Sound

Post 13

Mr dear MadMunk, fount of all knowledge, when I load my page or visit enigmaniacs a sound plugin automatically loads and we can hear each other's music. However numerous other people have told me they cannot hear the music on my page. Do you, by chance, know the name of the plugin and where people can acquire it. As ever. PP and L.

Adding Sound

Post 14

Pastey

About your Panther going on strike,
When a page loads animated giffs and sounds start running but if the focus is taken off that page they will stop, for instance if you click a don't click for the h2g2 Users OnLine box thingy, then the computer focus is given to that and even if you click the focus back on the main window they'll stay stopped.
Does that make sense?smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 15

Pastey

Oh yeah, it's mostly older versions of the Nutscrape browsers that have trouble with sound due to the way that they deal with plugins, whereas Exploiter seemed to be design for full multimedia (and not much else) for the last few releases.smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 16

Thank-you Pastey. Do you get the music if you visit my page? smiley - bigeyes

Adding Sound

Post 17

MadMunk?¿

I guess you don't like IE or netscape very much then....
Anyway, i get music PP&L

Adding Sound

Post 18

Pastey

Sorry PP&L the computer I'm using at the moment isn't configured for internet sound (long story).
MM did you get that bit of JavaScript for the mouseover sound I posted somewhere?smiley - fish

Adding Sound

Post 19

MadMunk?¿

yeah, i got the script, i'll have a go at incorparating it soon, i've got a few other things to attend to yet, but ill try it today at least.
Cheers Pastey, owe you one. smiley - smiley

Adding Sound

Post 20

Pastey

Don't mention it, I just hope it works.
Have you noticed MM that the majority of questions from newbies are the same thing over and over again? Except for this sound thingy. I'm trying to do a little page type thing that answers them and would be grateful, if you get a chance, if you'd check it out and let me know what you think.smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post