This is the Message Centre for shenerd

Alteration to submitted thing (A75962)

Post 1

wingpig

Morning. I see you've got my thing on the Angel Inn. I've been trying to alter it slightly but nothing sticks, so I've put the updated version up at A79120. It was mostly just clearing up typos but there's a little extra info too. Cheers.

Post 2

The Grand High Pomogranate

I too have the same problem. One of my entries is in limbo, as it is in the process of being submitted. I don't know why, since the other pages I sent off in the same batch have already been either rejected or not. This one is rather persistant in its submission, and I want to change some errors. Apparantly, while an article is being considered, you can't change it.
Makes perfect sense, but was rather annoying until I figured it out. Anyway, I wish they'd get on with it and just reject the darn thing, so I can change it.

Pomegranate

Post 3

wingpig

Cheers. Wouldn't you be better off changing the title of your entry and placing it on a new thread? With your own article's number as the title?

Pomegranate

Post 4

If that works...
I'm a bit wary of duplicating articles, at least at this point, since we can't correct our mistakes very easily. Either my article fails to be rejected, or it succeeds in rejection, but I don't want to make another copy of it now. Either way, I would end up with two of nearly the same thing. Also, even if I submitted the new version as well, I don't think the editors have any time except to review the entries--they probably don't have much time to edit the articles themselves. That's why I would edit it after I gain back control of it (whether its an article or not). If if becomes an entry, you can still edit it. I wonder why people haven't noticed that?
Oh well, it doesn't really matter. I think that my article would most likely be rejected, but I have another one I wrote on Paradox that I think has an even better chance.
Until then, I can only wait...

Pomegranate

Post 5

wingpig

The self-referencing thing? Hmmm. If you end up with two copies of a thing, simply replace one copy with a new subject and content rather than creating a new user page.

Multiple Copies

Post 6

Right. Once I accidentally made two copies of one article, but it was nearly funny, so I've left them so far. I'll replace on of them somday with a different article, I hope.

The duplicated article? Ironically, one I wrote about Deja Vu (again)...

Post 7

shenerd

Would it be possible for you to re-submit your final edited version of this entry? Because of the way our system currently works and due to the large number of pending entries, it is easier for me to accept for rejection on an early version of an entry rather than to edit something already submitted.

Your initial submission is currently under consideration so let me know when you have submitted your freshly handcrafted version and I will do the necessary. This is largely down to the fact that there is already a conversation going on about entry A79120.

Thanks

Post 8

wingpig

Righto. It's not much of a conversation but I suppose it's a start. Cheers v. much.

Post 9

shenerd

Sorry about my conversational abilities, I'm just recovering from one of those nasty summer head colds and my words keep coming out the wrong way round.

So when I answered your post I thought I would stick to the facts to stop my sentences being upside down.

Alteration (A79120)to submitted thing (A75962)

Post 10

wingpig

Nononono, I meant the one thing attached to the forum for A79120. Apart from being shouted at by Jim Lynn for advertising I've had little forum intervention from the editors and expect none. Do you only reject that which is submitted or do you initiate the process yourselves if you some across something you like?
Try putting some Olbas Oil and Vicks in a mug and snorting it. Failing that, make some tea but add a fair bit of ginger (fresh root, ground, powdered - it makes no difference). Drink and loosen clothing. After a few minutes you'll start to sweat but after a few hours you'll feel deeply refreshed and less stuffy. If you don't begin to sweat before you've finished the cup, add more ginger. If you have to smoke whilst being ill, drip some Olbas Oil onto each cigarette - if you've a sore throat, it'll cool it slightly as you inhale.

Post 11

shenerd

See what I mean? I couldn't even figure out what you meant : )

Thanks a lot for your advice, my Mum always swears by ginger so I naturally never wanted to try it. I'll give it a go though.

Post 12

Jazzwire

On a related note, have any articles been made new guide entries over the last few weeks...?

I only mention it because the latest 5 articles box on the homepage has remained the same for ages...

Thanks
smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for shenerd

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more