A Conversation for Jersey, Channel Islands, UK

jersey is stepford

Post 1

Geko

Well, not all is as well as Marc might have put it, Where is the dissatisfaction of the youth? where is the grossly unfair treatment of Portugese workers? Where are the accounts of bias against people with dissabilities? Eh? EH? Jersey, like everywhere else in the world has problems and Jersey, unlike everywhere else in the world refuses to face up to them, preferring instead to ram its collective face in the false bosom of the Stepford Wife.

jersey is stepford

Post 2

Macfadyan

Geko,( you're real name isn't Alister by any chance? ), I left Jersey in 1989 and yes, I did find the island to suffer from apathy and blinkered vision.
However, England isn't exactly the easiest place to live.
So, if any young Bean is so fed up with the island that they want to leave, DON'T!! Stay and work to change things, ( especially the lack of the wheel in St. Ouens. )
A Bientot,
Macfadyan.
(Or T. Gallichan.)

jersey is stepford

Post 3

Marc

Compared to England, Jersey is as idealic as I've said. Sure there are problems, but you get that everywhere. But because jersey is an island, and is so rich, it's not only clean but SAFE. Afterall, in an island 9 miles by five, where is a criminal going to run to?

jersey is stepford

Post 4

Macfadyan

Yes, I agree about the idylic bit but there is crime. People can vanish in a small London housing estate so an Island should pose no problen. As for the rich bit, I'm afraid that you've been watching far too much Bergerac. Yeah there are rich people but there are also alot of poor people- i know cos I was one of them. Remember that you have to pay for the doctors and that welfare payments are not much. Yeah I love Jersey and pray that I can go home one day but it does have its faults, the same as anywhere.

Macfadyan

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more