This is the Message Centre for BlueJaie

Jerusalem and Peace

Post 1

BlueJaie

The peace talks seem to have affected me more than most world events. So I sent off this note to President Clinton:

I am probably stating an idea that has already been tried; however here are my thoughts: Israel should realize and take pride of the concept that Jerusalem is no longer just an Israeli political ideal. Jerusalem is a religious center with worldwide significance. Same goes for Palestine. Following this idea, why not both sides settle on making Jerusalem an independent governing agency, sort of like Rome in Italy, where three religious leaders are elected to govern the city, (i.e. a Muslim, Christian and Jewish representative). This would be a sacred world city, neutral to any political agenda and accessible freely to all people and pilgrims of the world. They have got to realize they could be setting a standard for peace that could have world-wide implications.

Key: Complain about this post

Jerusalem and Peace

More Conversations for BlueJaie

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more