This is the Message Centre for PostMuse

Removed

Post 1

PostMuse

This post has been removed.

Real World

Post 2

CrazyOne

Ah, the dreaded "Hold out for what you really want or take the unwanted but available job now because you need the money" dilemma. Annoying, innit? smiley - winkeye Good luck with that. smiley - smiley

This reminds me, I'd like to run something by you that's kind of related to this. Would you care to drop me an email? The address is on my page. Or if you have an extra few minutes next time you're on AIM, that'll work too. smiley - smiley

Real World

Post 3

PostMuse

Update...

The interview was actually fun, and the actual business of the corportation really wouldn't play too much into my job (complicated explaination...maybe later) and the two young men who interviewed me are techies posing as managers, but they were very sincere and enthusiastic about the new project they are directing, and I would love to be able to help them out (the position is content management...I could do it in my sleep), but it is a TWO hour commute. Had no idea it would take that long to get there. Ain't no way. Ick, ick, ick.

BUT...I had a call from one of my top choice organizations today! Interview on Thursday. WOO WOO!! It is a monthly international affairs publication. And in a great location very close to my university. And I would get to travel tons! Oh my goodness. I am so excited. Can't wait to talk to these people. Okay...calm down...don't get hopes too high...remain composed...

WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO!!!!!

Real World

Post 4

CrazyOne

No reason to remain composed that I see. Maybe during the interview itself, but otherwise... smiley - smiley

Real World

Post 5

BluesSlider

Yay! Way to go Zmrzlina smiley - smiley I'll keep everything crossed for you smiley - winkeye.

Real World

Post 6

PostMuse

Thank you guys! And tomorrow I hope I can post some more exciting news after the interview...but even if I don't get the position...I am so looking forward to meeting these people. I read up lots on them today and wow...interesting histories. AND I have another interview lined up for Friday with a staffing group that specializes in international relations jobs. I am not fond of staffing groups since the positions are usually entry level...but it will be a good back-up.

Still bubbling over here. Feet haven't touched the ground since the call yesterday smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for PostMuse

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more