This is the Message Centre for coelacanth

Fourteen years!

Post 1

coelacanth

Happy h2g2 birthday to me! smiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - bubbly

It's longer really, as I lurked from October 1999, when I read an article in the Guardian about websites worth visiting. One was h2g2 and I lurked from October until late December when I finally signed up but I didn't activate my page straight away, which is why it shows up as January.

Happy New Year!
smiley - bluefish

Fourteen years!

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

happy h2g2 birthday to you!!!
smiley - bubbly

Fourteen years!

Post 3

I'm not really here

Happy birthday to you! smiley - hug

Fourteen years!

Post 4

Baron Grim

The date on my user space is misleading as well. I signed up the first time I came here. I made a comment on an article about traffic jams so I had to sign up to do so. But I didn't alter my user space for some months and that's what shows up. Luckily I was able to figure out the date I first logged in by using my user number (U69725) and comparing it to a chart that SEF created. I apparently logged in on the busiest day for new users ever. I came here via an email invite from The Digital Village because I had signed up for updates regarding DNA's (U42) upcoming game, Starship Titanic. I think there was also a plug on a TV show in the UK, Tomorrow's World, that day as well, 9 September, 1999.

Fourteen years!

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

oh is there a way to find your first ever post? I regularly unsub to conversations (but with the newfangled my conversations I don't think I'll bother)

I have no idea really when I first got here smiley - smiley (well, I do - it was some time in May 2000)

Fourteen years!

Post 6

Baron Grim

I don't know of any way to find your first post. I just happened to know what my first post was and what entry it was to. http://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A126424/conversation/view/F16720/T14340 This was a month after I first signed in but before I edited my user space. SEF created some charts you can use to find when you signed in by your Unumber. You have to do a bit of math to find which range of numbers you fit in, but it's not too difficult. http://h2g2.com/entry/A1157997

Fourteen years!

Post 7

I'm not really here

There used to be a way for the Eds to find it, but I don't know if it still exists, or if they know about it anyway. Not even sure if I can remember how to find it. :/

Fourteen years!

Post 8

Pastey

Yeah, unfortunately because most of the Ed tools were hacked to be part of the BBC, a lot of them weren't able to make the transition away from Auntie. smiley - erm

We can look directly in the database though, and we do have some shiny new tools that we've been building since we took over. smiley - smiley

Fourteen years!

Post 9

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hi

You first posted on May 29th 2000 Sho. I'll C&P the message onto your Message centre.

smiley - tea

Fourteen years!

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

thank you smiley - kiss

Fourteen years!

Post 11

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

14 years, you wouldn't get that long for murder smiley - winkeye

Happy h2g2 Birthday smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for coelacanth

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more