This is the Message Centre for coelacanth

Allo

Post 1

deackie

I was just lurking around Ask the h2g2 community and thought I'd take you up on your offer to lurk on your page and leave a calling card. I don't do calling cards so have a calling smiley - ale (Old Speckled Hen OK?) and a smiley - stiffdrink (Oban I think).

Allo

Post 2

coelacanth

Ooh! How exciting! My very own lurker. smiley - smiley Greetings to you deakie! Do you like my page? View in Goo please, then you'll see it as I want it seen. Have you been lurking here long?
*waves to anyone else*
I'll have a glass of smiley - bubbly.

In return, I luked round your page. I have the solution to your problem. I use a laptop and am often found on h2g2 whilst tucked up in bed.

smiley - bluefish

Allo

Post 3

deackie

I post lots (is that similar to casting lots? Not very good English perhaps) and when not up to my eyeballs in work I have been known to reach the giddy heights of the most postings board. I lurk as well. I think lurking is a good way to discover the unwritten rules of threads and how best to interact with various researchers. It saves making too many faux pas. I've been lurking here intermitently since last summer (new account since the Beeb took over) but have only become more actively involved in the past 2 months as my confidence grew and more importantly I set up my own computer at home.

I'm just popping off to lurk round your page in goo.

Allo

Post 4

coelacanth

I've been here about 18 months, and lurked for ages at first wondering how all these wonderfully witty and wordy people would ever take me into their community. I dipped a fin in and have never looked back.

I go through phases. Sometimes I am very chatty and post a lot for days. Other times I'm fairly quiet. I'm in chatty mode this week, and I'll be in London for the meet up.

Do you like may page? Lots of fish.

smiley - bluefish

Allo

Post 5

deackie

The page looks great but I have a problem viewing in goo for too long. It's so dark on the screen that it makes my smiley - headhurts. I like the fish. I don't have the room for my RL tropical fish tank anymore so I have compensated with an adopted fish from Tummyfish.

My main problem with h2g2 now is not being able to log off. I have far too much to do and really should be getting some sleep but h2g2 helps to reduce my stress levels temporarily so I delay my stress until tomorrow (when I'm sure it will strike with a vengeance). I'm always in chatty mode but perhaps I won't be able to chat so much this weekend as everyone will be at the meet. I'm looking forward to reading all about it next week. I hope they'll be photos too.

Allo

Post 6

coelacanth

There'll be photos! Have you looked at the ones from November (linked on my page). What a lovely bunch of people.

Watch for the explosion of postings on Sunday as people get chatting after the meet. I'll be there!
smiley - bluefish

Allo

Post 7

deackie

I've just looked through all the photos. It looked like fun. Have a lot of the researchers left since the beeb took over or have they changed names? I haven't encountered a lot of them. Maybe they just don't hang around the forums and conversations that I do. I was commenting to someone else earlier that considering there are over 80,000 researchers registered I always bump into the same people when posting.

Allo

Post 8

coelacanth

I'm pretty sure all of the people in the pictures are all active, and I bump into some of them. But then, I lurk!

smiley - bluefish

Allo

Post 9

purplejenny

Hiya...

*fellow lurker*

also feeling chatty - and excited about the meet up

Whoooooo!

smiley - biggrin

And my m8s having a housewarming do after!

smiley - biggrin

Two parties! Hooray! Now i just have to pop off and find out when and where the meet up is exactly....

purplejenny

Allo

Post 10

coelacanth

Way hay! Purple jenny, the link to the meet up page is on mine. See you there.

deakie, we'll raise a glass to you. smiley - oj
smiley - bluefish

Allo

Post 11

deackie

smiley - cheers Think of me because I'll be stuck on a hospital ward trying to find a staff smiley - nurse not too busy to give me some training. I shall be thinking of you, lucky lot, living it up in London. I notice the weather has turned though and it's now raining. That's a nuisance but I'm sure won't dampen spirits.

Allo

Post 12

coelacanth

I drove through thunder, lightening and torrential rain to get to London, but got to the meet at last. Lots of .
Shame about work, deakie.
Hi there pj!
smiley - bluefish

Allo

Post 13

deackie

I take it everyone had a fantastic time smiley - smiley I looked at the photos that had been posted and there were a-plenty.

Allo

Post 14

purplejenny

Oh yes, it was great. You looked fantastic, gr8 outfit. smiley - smiley

not fishy at all!

smiley - bluefish

The meet was really good fun, I had a massive natter with Mina, who is loverly and everyone there was freindly and chatty. I've met Mark, Peta and Abi a few times now and they are ace - i had a girlie chat in the ladies with Peta!

heres to the next one smiley - cheers

purplejenny

Allo

Post 15

coelacanth

Thank you! So kind. smiley - blush
As you can see, the ancient, ugly old fish is my little joke.
Purple is my favourite colour.

Mina is fab, as is GB. The italics are good fun too. smiley - cheers to the next one.
smiley - bluefish

Allo

Post 16

deackie

That's it, my mind is made up. I have resolved to go to the next London meet. As I only live 1 1/2 hours away on the train I've no excuse not to really.

Allo

Post 17

coelacanth

That'll be sometime around Christmas I think.
As a matter of interest, (but you don't have to answer) In which direction from London are you? North, South, East or West?
smiley - bluefish

Allo

Post 18

deackie

I'm in a forgotton place. People forget that there is anything south-east of London, but there is, and I'm there. I live in Kent, land of hops and cabbages.

Christmas, I must put that in my diary smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for coelacanth

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more