This is the Message Centre for Scarlett

Work, Why me?

Post 1

Scarlett

Well I've had one of those days at work, I can't write lots cos I have this clause in my contract that means if I say too much ....(. If you are in HR where I work I didn't write the previous piece, Hounest) but having to work in call centre, My god do people leave there brains off the hook when they phone ? I work for a company that decided a long time ago that every caller should be able to speak to a person and not a machine and to add to that on an 0800 number too. Now Im prepared to admit that the majority (just) of our customers have got a brain and can use it but I wish to nominate person X (you know who you are) for a special award.
Firstly I promise you this was a genuine call that I took.

X "Im having some problems logging onto your service"
Me "Okay, what have you done so far ?"-non sarcastic I am professional
X "Well when I enter the user name and password you gave me I keep getting Authentication Faliure"
Me "Right is this in software Q ?" - Software Q is one of the two parts of out software, the part the sets the computer up.
X "What is software Q ?"
Me "Well the first time you click on our icon on the desktop..."
X "I havn't got your Icon on the desk top"
Me "Can you tell me what is on you desk top at the moment" - There follows a description of several Icons, none of which are ours.
Me "Have you ever had our Icon on your deasktop ?"
X "No"
Me "Sir, I think the problem is that you never installed our software." - Dead pan, there is no other way!
X "Oh Thanks" - cust goes away happy and calls back 10 mins later to say its working fine now.

I also discovered that he had been using our login details with another ISP on thier login screen...
You see what I have top deal with! Its a wonder I'm only half mad!

Scarlett smiley - bigeyes(Musing from the day time but in dark glasses)smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post

Work, Why me?

More Conversations for Scarlett

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more