This is the Message Centre for Jazzy Jones

Bread vs. ground?

Post 1

Jazzy Jones

I've been wondering... almost every time you have a piece of bread with something on it... lets for pure simplicity reasons say: peanutbutter with jelly some whipped cream and a cherry on top... and you drop it... vertically! (thats torwards the ground) by accident! How come it always lands with the peanutbutter with jelly whipped cream and cherry facing then ground?????? Does the bread and the ground ( sort of like magnets) have some kind of "anti" attraction thing going on? I dont know and since I've been asked the question a lot of times recently, I thought it a good idea to ask everyone at H2G2... Do you know? Do I need to know? And have I missed some obvious reason?

Bread vs. ground?

Post 2

Caspian

There is a simple equation that I think you will find helpful here.
The chance of the bread landing jelly/peanut-butter and cherry side up is inversely proportional to the cost of the carpet.

Hope this helps!

smiley - smiley

Cas.

Bread vs. ground?

Post 3

Jazzy Jones

I think you might have a point there... but what if there is no carpet???

Bread vs. ground?

Post 4

Caspian

Then you need a towel. smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jazzy Jones

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more