A Conversation for HP Lovecraft

Dream Quest of Unknown Kadeth

Post 1

Passerby

I loved many of Lovecrafts works from a child to today. The idea that the truly supernatural, the greatest horrors, could not possibly described (except by describing the impact on the ones who had witnessed the abominations). Relating to his love of Poe, in one of his stories (the dark brotherhood is the title I believe)the charachters encounter an alien who has made itself in the image of poe. The encounters with the poes (from discovering the strangers identity to realizing eventoually the threat of these strangers to the final twist) illustrates Lovecrafts love for Poe. One of my favorite novels is probably Dream Quest though, as it's breadth is astounding. Whereas in previous novels and short stories the events (strongly)hint at even larger happenings, here the charachter Carter's story is told as he travels an incredible journey by a strange gypsy. Lovecrafts unique style blooms in this enveloping tale.

Key: Complain about this post

Dream Quest of Unknown Kadeth

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more