This is the Message Centre for Ciarán Ryan

Hi there!

Post 1

Classic Krissy

Yay! You figured out how to put stuff on your page! That means I can write to you.

My name is Krissy and I am an ACE. ACEs are here to say a big warm Hellllooo and offer to help you with any problems and/or make you feel more at home. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask me, or you can click here: http://www.h2g2.com/A214796 to reach the ACEs homepage, a virtual plethera of links and helpful hints.

By the way, I read your other page. I was also born in 1975. September, how about you? smiley - winkeye

Hi there!

Post 2

Ciarán Ryan

1975, March.
h2g2 seems a really good idea/site. I have a lot to learn.

Hi there!

Post 3

Classic Krissy

Well, nice to meet you. smiley - smiley

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Hi there!

Post 4

Ciarán Ryan

Hello Krissy. Help!
I would like to alter my home page/guide entries but when I press the 'update introduction button' it says 'article submitted' 'please don't press again' etc
I edited my home page one week ago and pressed 'update'
One week later nothing has changed.
Am I doing something wrong? does it take more than a week for edits to be processed?
Please help. Thank you.

Hi there!

Post 5

Classic Krissy

Oh dear! The update should have happened immediatly.

Email me ([email protected]) and tell me how exactly you went through the process. You may have stuck in an error.

We'll get it fixed! smiley - smiley

If you can, click on "edit page" and copy and paste the code for your page the way it is now, and copy and paste (or just write in) the alterations you wanted to make.

Hi there!

Post 6

Ciarán Ryan

I now know what I was doing wrong. Thank you for replying.
'bye

Hi there!

Post 7

J'au-æmne

Saw you were online so I thought I'd stop by & say hi too, Ciaran...
smiley - smiley
Was this the a you want? á? Ciarán Ryan? in Windoze its Ctrl+Alt+A

Hi there!

Post 8

J'au-æmne

Ciarán,
Thanks for popping over to my page...smiley - smiley if you reply to any conversation that I've posted in it automatically gets displayed on my page, regardless of which forum its in.smiley - smiley
I'm glad you're pleased with your ásmiley - winkeye

Joanna

Hi there!

Post 9

Ciarán Ryan

hello it's not important I suppose but...as you're an ace...
why are my (incomplete) entries dated "over a year ago" even though they are less than a week old (in some cases)?

Hi there!

Post 10

J'au-æmne

thats funny, because I stopped by your page just now, and the entries are listed as being 11weeks, 1 week, and three days ago. Are they still being "over a year" to you?

Hi there!

Post 11

Ciarán Ryan

yes, still "over a year ago", all entries

Hi there!

Post 12

Spartus

For the record, they're appearing fine, time-wise, to me. Joanna, if you haven't already dropped a line to Peta, et al., you may want to ask Jim or Sean about it--Jim's been, in my experience, more prompt with replies to his homepage, but if you've already mailed Peta, they're probably already on it. smiley - smiley

Why am I bothering to post, then? 'Cause I'm curious what's wrong and how it's gonna get fixed. I'm nosy like that. smiley - smiley

Hi there!

Post 13

J'au-æmne

Well I've told Jim Lynn about it here http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=432&thread=49493

Hi there!

Post 14

Spartus

Cool. smiley - smiley Thanks, Joanna.

Hi there!

Post 15

J'au-æmne

My pleasure.
smiley - smiley

Ciarán, if you go to the thread mentioned earlier, Jim has posted an explanation of what the problem is.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ciarán Ryan

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more