This is the Message Centre for Mrgrunt (With the Beard of Power!)

Hate Hate Hate

Post 1

Mrgrunt (With the Beard of Power!)

AAAARRRGGGHH!!!!! Why did h2g2 have to change?
So far, I am unable to stop my page switching from 'classic' to 'alabaster', I don't exist, I have no forums, my page won't load at all and last night... My page had 'This is the user page for U109137, unfortunately.....'
Dammit.... Why change what's perfect? smiley - sadface

Hate Hate Hate

Post 2

SilverSolstice

Yes, that seems to be happening quite frequently lately...I do hope thay fix it soon. Luckily (or maybe not, depending on your viewpint), being a subbie, I can always go to my email and muck about with my entries if h2g2 happens to be on the fritz. It _is_ really annoying, though. I sympathize. (But at least it isn't the site going down, as I thought it could be the first time! smiley - smiley)

Hate Hate Hate

Post 3

A Subbie ey?
Perhaps you can tell me what may have happened to a guide entry of mine, titled 'Mark Knopfler'. It just seemed to have dissapeared off the face of h2g2. It had been subbed, but I haven't recieved an email saying it's been either turned down or accepted. It doesn't appear in the Search engine either... smiley - sadface

Hate Hate Hate

Post 4

SilverSolstice

Actually, I subbed that one, and I don't know what happened to it, either. You see, the entries we sub show up on our pages, too - if we send them back approved but before they are processed, then under Guide Entries, and once they are processed, under Approved Guide Entries. I sent back that particular batch with maybe eight entries approved, and they showed up on my page, and have been gradually vanishing since. I thought at first that this might be because there was a screw-up with the entries before I sent them back; they showed up as having beem subbed when they weren't yet, and I thought they might be fixing it. Your entry, for instance, was cut off somewhere in the middle of a word. If they persist in being vanished, though, or the one that remains vanishes also, I will contact someone up at the Towers to see what is going on.

Hate Hate Hate

Post 5

Thanks smiley - smiley
I thought it may be due to the fact that I had made a few errors and needed Douglas Adams to point them out... I had posted the omissions on a forum and thought they had pulled it down to re-edit it... Thanks for checking again... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mrgrunt (With the Beard of Power!)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more