A Conversation for Reading a Person's Character Through Their Used Teabags

Another interpretation of the milky teabag

Post 1

wungred

(Firstly, this Entry ['Reading a Person's Character Through Their Used Tea Bags'] is not only brilliant, but the Entry which catalysed my registration on h2g2, so thankyou to Demon Drawer smiley - smiley)

I do, however, have to object to or at least comment on the interpretation of 'The Milky Bag'- my teabags are often of a milky complexion, but they have not been "used in a mug which contained the milk before the water was added". Instead, I have left the teabag in the mug while adding not only the boiling water, but then also the milk, then used the teabag as an alternative to a spoon to mix the milk into the tea, before removing the teabag from the mug. I do this for a number of reasons:

1- It avoids using a spoon, extra cutlery which simply means more drying up (This may indicate laziness, I guess, but as my Dad usually does the drying up, I figure it is a sign of kindness to him. Then again, perhaps the fact that my Dad does the drying up may also indicate that I'm lazy. Hmmm.)
2- It allows the milk to be infused with tea
3- It gives the tea more time to brew as I leave the teabag in the mug while I go to the fridge to get the milk, add the milk, mix the milk, and return the milk to the fridge. When done slowly and contemplatively this adds not only to the flavour of the tea but also the relaxed atmosphere associated for centuries with making a cup of tea.

The practice of using the teabag in this manner originated (at least in my family) from camping trips, where dirtying a teaspoon was either an inconvenience or a luxury.

Anyone with similar (or other) tea experiences/habits?

Post 2

Lt. Thrace (formerly Death of Rats and Rodent like humans)

im afraid i will have to (somewhat shamefully) admit that i put the milk, sugar, and teabag in before i add the hot water. you can also follow my drip trails to the bin, but sometimes (when i am being concientious) i will pinch the teabag with two fingers and then drop in the bin. *hides head in shame* tdor smiley - mouse

Post 3

Demon Drawer

wunged that is just sick smiley - winkeye

As for Death of Rats I'll say nothing I've read about your MATE.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more