A Conversation for How do I...?

How do I get lily pollen out of white linen trousers

Post 1

DJ_Bear

Slightly obscure i know but i managed to brush against some flowers last night and need to know how to get it out of my very lovely and very white linen trousers
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!
smiley - smiley

Post 2

SEF

That sounds like it ought to be the name of a singer/actress.

Anyhow, I assume it neither brushed (vacuumed) off, nor came off with a cold damp cloth. I don't know anything specific about lily pollen (other than it being in the same family as crocus and thus notable dyes such as saffron!) so I'd probably resort straight away to Vanish soap - which might well be wrong. I would try and avoid anything which involved heat or salt and was therefore more likely to set the dye permanently.

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

This info is from prochem dot co dot uk:

'Apply Citrus Gel, work in and leave to dwell for 2 to 5minutes. Rinse thoroughly with Fibre & Fabric Rinse and blot until dry.'

myhouseandgarden dot com says:

'Gently dab a cello tape onto the stain.
The pollen will stick to the tape.
Do not rub.'

and from doityourself dot com's forum:

'Dab on some liquid dish soap and let it sit for a day or so. Then very gently blot it off. Do not wipe or you'll smear the pollen. Now you'll probably need to re-treat the spot but it will come out.'

Post 4

DJ_Bear

thanks for those, gonna blot the worst off and then give it a go
will let you know how it goes

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more