A Conversation for How do I...?

sleep tight...zzzzzzzz

Post 1

Silverback2003

Any tips out there for getting a really goodnights' sleep? Without any drugs.

sleep tight...zzzzzzzz

Post 2

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

*hides the smiley - ale*

Keep off alcohol, try a warm, milky drink, a really nice long bath smiley - winkeye, and a short spell of yoga.

Alternatively you could go for a brisk walk and then a bath.

Try not to take worries to bed with you, don't drink too much of anything in the couple of hours before bedtime and make sure your bedroom is quiet and relaxing. Don't watch tv or listen to music tho'.

If you're really having problems dropping off, a routine can be very useful (as above - which ever one suits your lifestyle) and if you can't drop off after an hour, get up and do something useful smiley - ok

sleep tight...zzzzzzzz

Post 3

Silverback2003

thanks, i'll let you know in the morning

sleep tight...zzzzzzzz

Post 4

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

You can check out A590799 as well. smiley - biggrin

sleep tight...zzzzzzzz

Post 5

Teuchter

If I'm having trouble getting off to sleep, I play a game. I try to think of 3 place names for each letter of the alphabet, or 3 girls' and boys' names for each letter or two makes/models of car.
I rarely get beyond 'G' before I find the whole process so boring I fall asleep. smiley - yawn

I've also tried a herbal mixture which was made up for me by a medical herbalist - it contained hops and passiflora amongst other things and did seem to help.smiley - sleepy

sleep tight...zzzzzzzz

Post 6

Oot Rito

When I can't sleep I try to convince myself to get up and do one of my "hate chores" (washing the windows is a good example). I find that trying to convince myself to get up and so something with my time often sends me to sleep...

sleep tight...zzzzzzzz

Post 7

Eggsperte

hi !
the warm milk and honey usually works. You also should be able to find some "sleep tea". It's a herbal mixture. Another idea you might try is to find some meditation music. good luck, or better, good night smiley - smiley
eggsperte

Key: Complain about this post