A Conversation for The Music Website Jukebox...

What about the almost otally unheard of?

Post 1

Cybernard

http://www.bloodhoundgang.com
Bloodhound gang: Selfironical bad taste cheesy humor rock band.

http://www.innerverse.com/ub
Ultrabeat: Free original psychedelic trance music .mp3 files.
If you're into this kind of music this is Shangri-la

Post 2

Ormondroyd

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply - I've been going through some severe domestic upheavals which have made it impossible for me to maintain my pages as much as I'd like. (see my Journal for details if you're interested). Currently the only internet access I get is in 30-minute bursts in public libraries, which precludes proper page maintainence, but I should be back in business within the month, at which point I'll be adding some more links to the Jukebox.
Certainly, though, I have no problem with obscure acts - as you can see from the list as it stands! Frankly, my problem with The Bloodhound Gang is that I HAVE heard them... smiley - bigeyes

Post 3

Davros

agreed (about the bloodhound gang) - they suck big time.
Could recommend a hideous amount of bands and people but will restrain myself to a few:

Plaid, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Fila Brazilia, The Herbaliser, Arsonists, Gravediggaz, Mos Def, Black Star, Baby Mammoth, Dr Octogan, Death in Vegas, Kid Koala, David Holmes, DJ Vadim.
Gone but not forgotten: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Lightnin' Hopkins, MC5's, The Boo Radley's.

sorry i'll make myself stop now! Investigate and enjoy!!

Post 4

Ormondroyd

I will, and thanks for some excellent suggestions. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Ormondroyd

I'm happy to tell you that I have finally had the time and the Internet access to start finding websites for some of those acts you suggested for the Music Website Jukebox. I've added Aphex Twin, Mos Def, Musrat Fateh Ali Khan, Lightnin' Hopkins and MC5 links to the Jukebox page today, and will keep looking for the others you suggested. In the meantime, hope you enjoy the aforementioned five sites. The MC5 one is particularly good. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more