Undoubtedly his worst book.

Tea Time

Post 2

Jizzik

In your opinion...

Tea Time

Post 3

Researcher 47158

Undoubtedly not his best in terms of the amount of entertainment it has given to readers if the reviews are anything to go by. Tell me, honestly, did you think it was better than any of the H2G2 books, and if so HOW? Did you think it was better that Mostly Harmless? Does a detective novel (sub-genre Funny) stand a chance when the hero spends most of his (HIS) time wandering around with a broken nose and the resulting speech impediment? Doh Ih Dobh Thingh Shoh. I welcome any defence of this literary lapse you can come up with. It had better be good.

Tea Time

Post 4

Jizzik

To be honest, I didn't say it was better than any of his other books - it may have got crap reviews - I don't know
about that. All I'm saying is that I enjoyed it a lot. I found it especially funny when Mr Gently was talking with
his broken nose.... and the bit with eagle swooping down on him. Brilliant and completely off the wall.
I enjoyed the other books too, but for a bit of light entertainment I happen to enjoy this particular book.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jizzik

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more