This is the Message Centre for alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

Let me introduce myself -

Post 1

Wild Stallion

Hi, noticed you in one of the conversations and thought I would pop by and say hello. "Hello" smiley - winkeye

Love your home page and if you check out my home page you may figure out that I too am on a quest to spread love and joy around the world.

I too love animals though I am currently living in a tiny apartment in a big city with a person who is allergic to most animals. I am sure there is a learning here somewhere but I haven't figured it out yet.

Anyhow, I hope to here from you as you sound like my type of people.

Just thought of a cool nickname when I reread this note 'Pop by the Seller Man'. smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

If you like you can contact me at [email protected]

Spreading Powerful Love and Joy everywhere,

Wild Stallion.

Post 2

Wild Stallion

So like did you check out my home page and decide I was just too weird (or ordinary) to talks to?

Post 3

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

Hello Wild Stallion (Love your name),

I just got back from several weeks in hospital and a substance abuse facility, today. Sorry about the late reply. I checked out your homepage and feel you are a kindred spirit. Horses are my favourite animals. I will have to tell Monkey Boy that we have a new ally in the quest to spread love throughout the universe. You should check out his homepage too. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
Ali

Post 4

Wild Stallion

Hay Ali, sorry myself for being so slow.
To be honest I had *he says abashedly* pretty much decided that I had somehow offended you and that you did not wish to talk.

I am happy to here that I was sorrily mistaken. I hope everything turned out well.

I don't believe I have met 'Monkey Boy', is that his online name? If not I would be interested in learning how to reach him.

*at this point it occurs to the Wild Stallion that doing a search for Monkey Boy is an easy way to find out if that is his h2g2 identity.*

Have you encountered Pegasus (thats his h2g2 name)?

On the topic of substance abuse have you heard of Thought Field Therapy? It is a new, quite unorthodox approach that is actually partially based on the notions behind accupuncture. I hestitate to say even this much as I have little experience with substance abuse and not a lot more experience with TFT (Thought Field Therapy) haveing only recently learned about it. Let me know if you would like more info. (There is an even newer approach called Emotional Freedom Therapy which is base on TFT. I am just learning about it now.) Or if I am getting too personal, tell me to mind my own bee's wax.

Great to hear from you. I shall go look for Monkey Boy now.

Have a good one.

John
Wild Stallion

Post 5

Hello WS,

It's good to hear from you again. smiley - smiley TFT sounds interesting. Does it involve actual acupuncture? I have been clean and sober since May 26th. I had a visit, at home, from one of my counsellors, just now. She feels that I'm doing well enough that I don't need her anymore. I still see another counsellor in the hospital, and he also works with my doctor. I have a good support system in place, and I'm determined not to screw up. smiley - smiley

I have met Pegasus a few times in different forums, but I haven't run across him in some time. Should I visit his homepage?

Monkey Boy hasn't been around much lately. He also feels that love can be the answer to most of life's problems. He is a kind and helpful friend. Monkey Boy IS his name online.

Have you been at h2g2 very long? I've been here about 8 months, and I love the place. I'm not sure how I found my way here. Divine intervention? How did you find the site?

I am in Ontario, Canada, near Niagara Falls. Where are you?

Hope to hear from you again. smiley - smiley

alicat
(Allison)

Post 6

Wild Stallion

First I would like to say Congratulations on your success.

TFT and EFT do not involve actual acupuncture. It involves tapping (with your own fingers) different points on your face and body. My understanding is that most or all of the points are acupunture points. I have never experienced acupuncture and know very little about it. TFT is a system which has separate patterns for specific things such as fear, anger, grief, addictive urges, and many more.
EFT is an improvement on TFT in that it is one pattern that is used for everything. What I like about these systems is that they are completely non-invasive and that if they don't work for someone, no harm done, and if they do, all the better.

If you would like, send me a note at [email protected] and we can talk further. If you would like I would be willing to give you my phone number as I also live in Ontario, Canada (Toronto to be specific). If you would prefer to keep our interaction within h2g2 that is fine also.

Myself I was born in Dunneville hospital while my family was living in Welland. Lived in Welland for about 11 years then moved to Muskoka which has sort of been my base ever since as most of my family is still there. Drawn to "The Big Smoke" after meeting a wonderful woman who I am happily living with.

As for Pegasus I like his home page so check it out. He has a cool graphic of, what else, Pegasus.

Found Monkey Boy (and three other user pages with Monkey Boy in the title. It was quite easy to determine which one you were referring to.

Only been here for a couple of months. Read the h2g2 books about 10 yrs ago and decide on day (oh, about 2 months ago) to see what I could find on the web. And the rest is history as they say.

Have a good one.

Wild Stallion
(John)

Post 7

Wild Stallion

It just occured to me that if you were to do a careful review (may not be necessary depending on how good a memory you have) of previous conversations on your homepage you will discover that I have started a conversation with you using an alter ego. Need a hint? It was a little one sided.

smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Wild Stallion
(John)

Post 8

smiley - smiley It couldn't be John-the-Gardener, he is in Hamilton. I am living in Welland! In Dain City. Born here, and lived here most of my life. I lived in Vancouver for several months (very depressing. Too much rain and too far from home) and I lived in Toronto for a while. Near Finch. I was going to Seneca College at the time. My addictions caused me to take an early exit. smiley - sadface

Can you give me anymore hint? smiley - smiley

Ali*

Post 9

Captain John Carter

I have an uncle who lives just around the block from you. It must be just around the block because I have been to Dain City. There isn't much more than a block to it. My father worked for Atlas Steel for a short while a long time ago.

Coincidentally my family has been in the greenhouse and gardening industry for three generations in Canada.(Though not related to John-the-Gardener as far as I know. ) I am guessing that you are too young (based on the College reference) to remember Marshall's Greenhouses on Quaker Rd. on the north side of Welland. Out near where Niagara College's main campus is. That would have been about 25+ years ago that my family had that business.

I was also in Vancouver for a couple of years. I rather enjoyed it. I gather I must of been there at a good time. Didnt notice the rain that much. I plan to go back sometime. Besides it was at a time when it was good for me to be away from my family.

Currently living in the Annex (St. George St. north of U ot T).

Hope my hint was good enough this time. smiley - winkeye

smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Have a good one.

Wild Stallion
(John)

Post 10

Wild Stallion

Oops!

That last hint was a little more obvious than I planned. You see I logged onto h2g2 in my other persona thinking I could hop between the two (something I used to do before the latest update of h2g2), and well it appears that no longer can I log on as two separate entities at once. smiley - sadface

You see I went to my other persona and sent you a hint or two and then came back to the message I was composing from this persona and little did I know that by logging on as that persona this persona switched to that persona also. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! I think I am having an identity crisis. smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

I also think I will stick to using this (Wild Stallion - I hope?) persona with you as I tend to be more of myself here. I use the other for fun mostly. I tend talk more serious stuff here.

smiley - smiley

Have a good one.

Wild Stallion
(John)

Post 11

Capt. John? I don't remember. I may have been drunk. smiley - sadface I was drunk at the keyboard a lot in the past. smiley - sadface Heyyou is one of my e-mail addresses. smiley - smiley My e-mail address is [email protected]

I will be sending you an e-mail as soon as I leave here. smiley - smiley It's so nice to meet people here from Canada. And born in Dunneville! There's a lot of coincidences flying around here. smiley - smiley

Lovve, Ali*

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more