This is the Message Centre for SonicYoof

Welcome Sonic

Post 1

Crescent

Welcome to the mighty world of H2G2, here is where you can find out all those places never mentioned in holiday programs, and see why they are never mentioned, discuss the strange local customs at such places and write pages about your own strange neck of the woods smiley - smileyhttp://www.h2g2.com/A214796 normally has lots of friendly people hanging around, so if you get stuck and DONT PANIC cannot help then these poeple will be your next stopping point smiley - smiley If they cannot help then shout from this forum and I will try to render aid smiley - smiley However, if them at the aces homepage cannot help, then I am probably out of my depth smiley - smiley, hmmmm, rambling again, I had better leave it here before it becomes a 10000 word essay. Write well and may your guide entries always be accepted smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent

Welcome Sonic

Post 2

Santragenius V

Goddag og Velkommen.

With you being of UK origin (I tend to avoid calling people English --a number of former Scottish colleagues beat that out of me years back) I don't reckon you'll understand the above. It basically means "Hello and Welcome", so it's just a repetition of what Crescent said in a lot of words above...

Have fun (oh, and as one of my colleague ACEs usually says: Have a fish smiley - fish)

SG V

Welcome Sonic

Post 3

Ormondroyd

I'd like to welcome a fellow Northern exile to h2g2 - and to congratulate you on your choice of nickname, which to me suggests excellent taste in music!
Good luck with keeping your accent. I moved to London from Bradford 15 years ago. Now everyone down here can tell I'm from the north, but when I go back to Bradford I get suspicious looks and comments about "You from somewhere down t'south, lad?"
Not to worry. I'm still looking forward to my annual festive trip north next week and some decent curry and smiley - fish & chips! This is an excellent site. Happy hitch-hiking! smiley - smiley

Welcome Sonic

Post 4

SonicYoof

Cheers folks. I'm from Liverpool originally so I must keep my scouse up or I'm in trouble when I go home for Christmas.

Welcome Sonic

Post 5

Courtesy38

Greetings, I'm just part of the unofficial welcome wagon. I saw you were on and thought I would drop by.

I to *ahem* am a Star Wars fan, however I'm favorite of the series is Empire.

Hope you have as much fun here as I have been having. smiley - smiley

Courtesy

Welcome Sonic

Post 6

Ormondroyd

Hello again Sonic,
If you are (as I assumed) a fan of the band Sonic Youth, then you might enjoy my page. There's a link there to an excellent SY site called "Society Is A Hole", along with dozens more links to music sites. smiley - smiley

Welcome Sonic

Post 7

SonicYoof

You are quite correct, I am a Sonic Youth Fan. I last saw them in concert in Manchester in 1997 and they were excellent.

There's a good chance that I'll be spending some time visiting the sites linked from your page, but first I'm going to have a sleep. As the Beatles once sung, 'I'm sooo tired'

Welcome Sonic

Post 8

Java_Cat

Ah the Sonic Youth. Quite a band I will have to check out those links of yours. What do you think of their latest releases, I never thought any one would cover Yoko Ono. Did you ever see the Simpsons episode with Sonic Youth? That must be a mark of fame, to appear on the Siposons. Kid Rock just made it. hehehe

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for SonicYoof

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more