A Conversation for The Language Clinic

The Cheese Knows Some Spanish

Post 1

The Cheese

If anyone needs any basic Spanish assistance, I'm not fluent, but I know enough to carry on a semi-intelligent conversation in Spanish, so post any basic questions.

Feliz Navidad!
Merry Christmas!

Post 2

The Frood (Stop Torture: A455528)

I am fluent in Spanish, and if The Cheese can't answer your questions, I can help.

Post 3

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Hi guys.

Thanks very much for offering your services.

It would really be useful if you could compile an initial list along the lines of the german phrases at http://www.h2g2.com/A227864

This is really just the first small step, and so a standard approach would seem most sensible to start off with.

As this is an on-going project, obviously any further help you can give will be very welcome, so that we can build up a proper resource for anyone who needs to communicate in any other language. Eventually a translators list will be drawn up for people in the guide, and it would be nice to include you both in this.

Happy researching.

Post 4

The Cheese

I looked at the German entry and would compose something similar, but I need to know the GuideML tag for how to put the trnslations into columns.

Post 5

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Hi, it was really just the data I was after to put it into that format. However, if you wish to make the column yourself, then here's the GuideML to use :

Left Title
Left Text
Right Title
Right Text

Post 6

The Cheese

The list of Handy Spanish Phrases can now be viewed at http://www.h2g2.com/A231382

Special thanks to Taipan - Jack of Hearts for the column code.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more