A Conversation for Irish Step Dancing

Your Irish dance page

Post 1

Ford_H_Prefect

I must say you tried to write this without much knowlege of the subject. If you did, then I am wrong, but I do really think that you could have put a bit more work into it. As a dancer myself, I would be glad to help you get all the information in good, working manner. Not to be harsh, but you could make something good out of this.

T.S.B.

P.S. Soft, or Light shoe dances are: Reel, Light Jig, Slip Jig, and Single jig; while Hard Shoe dances are Hard, or heavy jig, hornpipe, and traditional sets

Your Irish dance page

Post 2

Clive Z. Bishop

Dear Prefect, this is Clive. I wrote up a Guide Entry on Irish Dancing, I tried to be complete. I forget the number, just search for "Irish Dancing"

Clive Bishop

Your Irish dance page

Post 3

GillieGirl

Thanks for the offer. I would like to make this page a very comprehensive one. When I wrote the page I had very little time and have added more since. Feel free to suggest anything or give any criticism needed. When I first got on H2g2 I did a search and found no like pages and I felt a page on the subject was needed, I am not an expert I just love the dance, and wanted info on it. Thanks!
Becky

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Irish Step Dancing

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more