A Conversation for Assassins - the Game

if an assassin tries to kill you....

Post 1

therodentmessiah

I have a couple questions, first, if an assassin tries to kill you, can you kill them first?

and secondly, if you see an assassin killing their target, can you intervene and kill them first?

great entry though

Post 2

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

You cannot illl anyone unless you are specifically assigned to. However, it is perfectly within the rules to prevent someone from killing someone else.

Post 3

silverygibbon

Also known as "Killers".
One of the RPG companies (if memory serves it was Steve Jackson Games) published a standardised set of rules in the '80's. I've got a copy somewhere.

Certainly self defence was permissible in the version we played. 'Killing' bystanders attracted heavy points deductions.

A couple of other useful rules are :
- safe zones. A player's home and workplace are considered off limits except by mutual agreement. People have lost jobs over workplace 'assasinations'where someone's boss was less than amused.

- no *mundane* (non-player) witnesses. If a killing is witnessed, then the assasin gains no score. If the police are called smiley - headhurts the assasin is eliminated from the game (and very embarrassed).

- bonus points for cleverness. Vaseline under car door handles as contact poison, replacing the speaker in a telephone with plasticine (plastic explosive) and so on. I once syringed apricot jam (poison) into someone's strawberry jam donut at a picnic. "This tastes funn...oh! Bugger!"

Lotsa fun.

Post 4

silverygibbon

Dammit. "assassin" has FOUR s's, not just 3.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more