A Conversation for Visual Basic

Visual Basic - Computer Programming

Post 1

Dogbert

I'm teaching myself Visual Basic using the limited VB resources on the net, and using the VB Editor in Word 2000.

Does anybody know where:

a) I can download the program free of charge or for a small (SMALL!!) fee.

and

b)Where I can find any resources for VB.

I think the replies will constiute a good discussion and will help other h2g2 users.

Removed

Post 2

samcollett

This post has been removed.

Visual Basic - Resources

Post 3

R@ty

Thought you might like to know about VbPlanet, if you don't already. It's a new site, so it's still a bit limited as far as tutorials, etc. are concerned. But it's got some interesting stuff and it's good for discussions about VB.

I, myself, use VB a lot and found this site very interesting.

Visual Basic - Computer Programming

Post 4

Mork29

Downloading Visual Basic would be software piracy. Software piracy gives developers no reason to continue developing their projects. You can purchase Visual Basic Eduational Version fairly cheaply. If your a student, your could most likely get this software for $50 or less. Some colleges will even offer it to their students for as little as $10. However, the educational version does have limited abilites, although a newer VB programmer won't feal very hampered. I'd suggest to the person who is to cheap to by a good compiler, to learn a langugage like C++, in which there are MANY compilers available for free that are VERY GOOD.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more