A Conversation for The Aces' Home Page

Greeting the aces...

Post 1

HighGain

Mark says in his "community" entry that the best way to bully Peta and her ACEs into saying hello is a quick introduction on this page, so here i am. smiley - smiley

I am looking forward to filling up the pathetically section about Germany a bit, as well as covering some issues of everyday life...

Home at last smiley - winkeye

Greeting the aces...

Post 2

J'au-æmne

Hi HighGain,
Welcome to the guide! you seem to be finding your way around wellsmiley - smiley I notice you're German, there are a few links on the front page that you may be interested in today, to get there (as you doubtless know) click on the logo in the top left cornersmiley - smiley

Happy Hiking!

Have a fish smiley - fish

Joanna

Greeting the aces...

Post 3

BuskingBob

Greetings and welcome HighGain - the bullying works! There's lots to do here, and it's entirely up to you how much you want to get involved. You probably know by now that the round logo thing at the top right of your page is a link to the H2G2 home page; the fact that you are here suggests that you are already finding your way around.

I guess that you will be producing lots of articles on Germany - we look forward to reading them. I lived in Gottingen (where the hell's the umlaut key?) when I was about 10 and had a happy couple of years there. If you write up about it, don't forget the three famous people associated with the town - Einstein, Bismarck, and the Goose Girl!

Greeting the aces...

Post 4

BuskingBob

Dammit - I thought I was the first greeter here. A draw, I think?

Greeting the aces...

Post 5

J'au-æmne

Draw. *shakes hands with BuskingBob*

Greeting the aces...

Post 6

HighGain

Goose Girl...?

How did you know my cousin lives there? smiley - bigeyes

Greeting the aces...

Post 7

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

Helloo..

I just went to Germany on a school trip - to Altenau in the Harz. One of the places we visited was Göttingen, because it's our (Cheltenham) twin town. We were recieved as the official guests by the mayor and were all given this boooring information pack - which will because useful because I'm going to write an article on Göttingen now. I don't really understand the story of the Goose Girl though, was planning on doing some resaerching on that elsewhere, but if you lived there for that time then maybe you'd like to help me with the article - please?

Thanks smiley - smiley

~Lisa

Greeting the aces...

Post 8

BuskingBob

Hi Lisa tf,ac cff, etc!

I will trawl my memory and see what I can remember - it was a long time ago! Once I have cobbled a couple of thoughts together I will post them as a guide entry and let you know.

One of the great things about the internet is that I can remember things that I had forgotten!

Greeting the aces...

Post 9

Thankyou!! smiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyes I've put up my article so far, please could you look and tell me what's wrong and missing? Pleeeeeeeease? smiley - smiley

Greeting the aces...

Post 10

You don't HAPPEN to know why Göttingen is well known for its sausages, would you? I haven't a clue smiley - sadface

http://www.h2g2.com/A349517 <~~ my article so far

Greeting the aces...

Post 11

BuskingBob

Lisa, hanging off my home page is an article on Goettingen, Gottingen.
There's a bit about the sausages there as well.

Off to visit your Guide entry now.

Byeeeeeeeeeee

Key: Complain about this post