This is the Message Centre for Metal Chicken

Snapshots of 2013 - NaJoPoMo2013 day 10

Post 1

Metal Chicken

The Summer of 2013 was a long, dry one - perfect for long walks around the wonderful Peak District countryside I live on the edge of.

I have rediscovered old walking routes and found new ones, making the most of all those warm summer evenings. I've walked down to the Longdendale chain of reservoirs, along the Trans Pennine Trail, up to the moors and along sections of the Pennine Way. I've found patches of wild raspberries, blackberries and bilberries for refreshment along the way. I've learned to recognise the calls of lapwings and curlews flying over their nests when I've disturbed them. I've seen both brown and Mountain hares breaking cover when startled by noticing me walking nearby. I've come across remains of old aircraft wreckage and poppy decorated memorials to the airmen who lost their lives decades ago.

I've worn out my old walking boots and hard to buy new rambling kit. Maybe I'm a little fitter than this time last year. I'm certainly determined to keep up with the wandering. It's hard to believe I let so many years go by without exploring my local landscapes so much, when it's given me so much pleasure this year. I am so lucky to have this corner of the countryside so easily accessible, feels like it's all just an extension of my back garden smiley - smiley

Post 2

Vip

That sounds wonderful, MC. smiley - smiley Shropshire has some wonderful walking, but you have to drive for quite a while to get there.

smiley - fairy

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Metal Chicken

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more