This is the Message Centre for Wand'rin star

Nutribulletry

Post 1

Wand'rin star

Yesterday I processed a handful of green leaves, an unpeeled banana, green grapes and a plum without a stone with water. Delicious
Today I had spinach, a Granny Smith apple, cucumber. a few grapes and semi=skimmed milk. Slightly less delicious as I got the proportion of spinach and grapes wrong, but I drank it anyway. Not unbearable- just a bit strong.
The idea is to get more veg into me without too much cookery, but I shall have to do proper veg tomorrow as I won a gammon joint at bingo on Friday. (I won a bottle of washing up liquid as well, so I shall be able to wash the new saucepans I bought at the same time as the nutribullet -IF I can manage to screw their handles on with my dodgy wrist) smiley - starsmiley - star

Nutribulletry

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

I make a green smoothie each weekday morning for smiley - chef and me.
I'm pretty much stuck using the same recipe, because I'm too lazy to try something else. I could also probably increase the ratio of water to other ingredients to make it less thick and expensive but... nah.

I use rice milk (or soya, almond or other vegan "milk" alternative thingy) and whizz it up with a piece of ginger.

then I add leaves: lettuce (I had a bad experience with Spinach recently but in the past the baby-spinach ones have been the best), parsley, basil, mint and whizz that up (I find leafy smoothies work best when I whizz the leaves up first, but I think if you put them in last (or nearest the blades) it would work in one go

then comes the fruit: half an apple, half an avocado, a bit of cucumber and some other fruit (whatever i have: melon, kahki, kiwi, berries - although red berries make this look like brown sludge so I don't usually)

Then I add water and whizz it all up. yummy.

I've made some with mango and coconut milk (with apple or something)

I tend not to use bananas because even the smallest piece overwhelms everything else.

Friends of mine use fruit juice in place of milk and/or water. You can add a squeeze of lemon juice for zizz, or a bit of maple syrup or honey for sweetness smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wand'rin star

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more