This is the Message Centre for Wand'rin star

3 years - that's nothing,

Post 1

Wand'rin star

Yesterday the permanent staff in the cathedral shop gave their annual brunch for the volunteers. A beautifully cooked full English breakfast with Lincolnshire sausages followed by mince pies and upmarket ice cream; I had rhubarb and ginger last year, but went for elderflower yesterday.
The volunteers are given a beautifully wrapped present AND a gift voucher and really feel appreciated, even though getting there in time means a ludicrously early rising.
One volunteer was given a big bunch of flowers and some bigger presents
including a microwavable teddy bear that you use instead of a hot water bottle, to mark her retirement - after 30 years. smiley - starsmiley - star

3 years - that's nothing,

Post 2

You can call me TC

Elderflower ice cream - was that really an ice cream or more of a sorbet? Would suit both, I should think.

Congratulations on your good work. Three years is just as valuable as 30 - just think of all the good you were doing and all the good will you spread in the world whilst you were not in the area and unable to even be at the Cathedral. I bet even today you bring a smile to the face of anyone selling handbags in China. smiley - handbagsmiley - handbagsmiley - handbagsmiley - handbag

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wand'rin star

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more