This is the Message Centre for ringWraith917

Help! Help! I'm drowning in the Internet!

Post 1

ringWraith917

(Note: read VERY fast to get full effect)
ARGGH! I'm supposed to be working on my senior project (Lit Review due in three weeks!), but I'm not. I've been sidetracked once again by my evil nemesis "The Internet." My relationship with "The Internet" is a love/hate kind of thing. I love to procrastinate and hate to do any actual work. Therefore, here I am updating my personal space instead of working. I thought "Well, I'll work in the library. That will help me stay focused." No. Wrong. I'm just ranting pointlessly, pay no mind to what I'm saying because it has no value to anyone other than myself. So much work, so much time.....but no, the time is running out. This kind of topic could go on forever without end, couldn't it? I mean, have you ever really thought about the paradox of procrastination? The longer you put something off, the less you can procrastinate on it, and the longer you procrastinate the less you want to begin it because, with beginning it you must recognize how much time you have wasted doing who knows what else (reorganizing bookshelves, playing video games, pointless studying for other classes *ha! a joke! I made a joke (hysterical laughter)* I can see how some people crack under pressure like this but I'll be just fine. A good night's sleep, a healthy sense of purpose, and one thing at a time. That's the key. Decide what needs to be done and do it. No, not clean the grout. Find articles for this paper, get a topic for that one, study this long for that test, etc. AND WRITE A TO DO LIST!!!! #1: Sleep.

Post 2

ringWraith917

Who are you and what have you done with me?
No, really, I'm OK.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ringWraith917

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more