This is the Message Centre for Anya

Writing

Post 1

Anya

I am a writer of sorts. Right now I'm working - not very hard - on a play based loosely on people, places and events I've encountered at University. The writing process seems to go in fits and starts for me: pick up pen, put it down, stare at notebook, curse, stare off into space, open notebook, pick up pen, write furiously for thirty minutes. You get a tender love scene on paper, feel weird inside, throw down notebook and pace the room, go to the kitchen and fix a sandwich and a glass of milk, smoke a cigarette and lie down. Five minutes later you're at it again. Finish scene, smoke another cigarette, and you don't pick up the notebook again for two days. Repeat as necessary.

Honestly, my characters have grown on me. I feel almost guilty putting them through what I come up with - not very pleasant stuff. But they have to go through it, and I'm almost inspired to tell them to suck it up, it'll get better in the next act. Almost.

Key: Complain about this post

Writing

More Conversations for Anya

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more