This is the Message Centre for Anya

Amtgard

Post 1

Anya

There stand I, with a dagger made of foam and pipe, wearing a vaguely monastic looking, worn brown plush robe and knitted scarlet baldric, pointing at a skinny fourteen-year-old wearing a red baldric over a battered gray tabard and screaming:

"I silence thee, I silence thee, I silence thee, I silence thee, I silence thee!"

This, my friends, is a recent tableau from a battle game at fighter practice in the Shire of Mystic Glade (Knoxville, TN USA).

Of course, there are also ditch battles, which is how I wind up with some rather interesting bruises. (Getting hit in the crotch with a polearm hurts just as much for a girl, by the way.) But, at the end, even as you go home dirt-streaked, muddy, sweaty, exhausted (and not smelling all that great, either) you crave more and can't wait until next Sunday. Which may or may not prove you certifiably insane. I rather like this kind of insanity.

Amtgard

Post 2

The Cardinal

So just how many Amtgardians are there on H2G2?

- The Cardinal
AKA Glenalth of Pegasus Valley

Amtgard

Post 3

Anya

I've little idea. They haven't exactly come out and said. Which kingdom are you under? I'm in Far Woods (Memphis, TN) now rather than Mystic Glade. Far Woods is under IM, and Mystic Glade is under Dragonspine.

Which class do you play? Tell me a little more -

Anyway, please keep in touch, it's always nice to hear from someone in Amtgard.

Amtgard

Post 4

The Cardinal

I'm currently playing in Pegasus Valley (Albuquerque, NM), which is under the kingdom of Dragonspine.

As for what class I play, the only ones I haven't played are Assassin, Anti-Paladin, and Paladin. I make alot of armor, so I play warrior classes more often than not.

- Glenalth
http://glenalth.spear.net

Amtgard

Post 5

Anya

Very nice - I'm not a very good fighter. I should say, I haven't the inclination to do more than be able to hold my own. And Healer suits me for now. I've been in Amtgard almost six months. I suppose I'm a newbie still, to some degree. Illness kept me off the field for two months, so I'm still just second level healer.

What major events have you been to? I guess, living right there in New Mexico, you've been to Clan at least once. I've never been to a major event. I've been promised a trip to Spring War, and also Rakis, this coming year. I can't wait.

Amtgard

Post 6

Anya

By the way, cool website.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Anya

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more