A Conversation for Anarchy

anarchism

Post 1

Robbo the yobbo

"Despite centuries of suppression and misrepresentation, anarchist ideas have remained alive. This may indicate that there is something to them."

Hmmmmm. One could say the same about communism - I mean real communism, not the usurped version that exists/used to exist in various countries around the globe(they know who they are!)

BTW I have something I would like to put in your box. It's a piece of buckram smiley - smiley

anarchism

Post 2

Researcher 93445

Yes, one could. And in fact I think there is much to value about real communist ideas. In my vision of an ideal anarchist society, those who found communism comforting could certainly organize their own communist enclaves. I don't see anything contradictory about either anarcho-communism or anarcho-capitalism. That puts me on the outs with most anarchists, of course, who are far too interested in promoting their own One True Way to be inclusive.

As for the buckram, I shall get it into the box forthwith. Well, perhaps a bit slower than that.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Anarchy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more