A Conversation for Dreams

Dreams

Post 1

winter rae (flint eyed seer of the soul)

FOUR REASONS WHY I DONT LIKE DREAMS

I get recurring dreams/nightmares.In one all of my teeth fall out, in another I am running away from a tidal wave thats washing away the earth but I can't get to safety and in another I keep counting my fingers and toes because I have six or seven fingers on each hand and six or seven toes on each foot. (That could have made me a witch in another times or places.) The counting one is a doozy 'cos when I wake up I have to count my fingers and toes in reality to see how many I have (five in all the right places).

I got stuck in a dream and i couldnt wake up,this was very frightening as i thought I would never escape. Eventually I thought I had woken up butI was still dreaming which was even more frightening and had to struggle to try wake up again.

I sometimes deja dream about somewhere I havent yet been or about something that hasnt yet happened but then later in time it does. The most impressive one was dreaming who would be in a room and what we were talking about about 2 months prior to it happening. The place I was dreaming of was a climbing hut in Wales I had never been to and at the time we didnt know we would be staying there. If i have really vivid dreams or dream something bad happend I get freaked out in case it does come true.

I dont dream about fantastic things very often

I wonder what Freud would make of it all.

Dreams

Post 2

rainqueen

i love dreams, especially the bizarre one that not even your analyst can figure out! smiley - winkeye what would you make of this: I dreamed the other night that the world was going to end, and we had a few minutes to pack up and go somewhere else. All I could think of to take with me was a rubber duck that was floating on the lake behind our house. Then my next door neighbour walked in and asked me how much clean underwear was I taking for the trip to another planet.
And no, I hadn't read any DA book that week, at all at all smiley - winkeye
anyway, have you considered putting up a dreamcatcher to get rid of your nightmares? It's worth a try!

Dreams

Post 3

It depends what point of view you take to interpret your dream. From the rubber ducks point of view you are a caring and loyal friend being true in times of trouble, from your neighbours point of view you are not very clean or practical.
Its a high pressure situation though and I dont think I would be too concerned with the correct amount of underwear. If I was going to another planet in a hurry I'd take vodka, chocolate, crisps, a book, travel sickness tablets and maybe a toothbrush.(I should point out I imagine I am already wearing clothing of some description)

I do have a dream catcher but maybe its the wrong way around and its drawing bad dreams in, think I will swap it around. I don't have any DA books but if I read then I feel sure that they wouldnt say anything complimentary about my odd dreams.

Happy Dreaming

Dreams

Post 4

Click, hum

here's a weird dream i had.

i was standing in a field looking at the sky, which had surprisingly few stars visible. for reasons better left uninvestigated i picked up a rock and chucked it at the sky. it hit a star which silently fell to the ground. i walked over to were it landed and it was only about centimetre in diameter. i laughed at such an odd occurance, and then woke up.

about a month later me and a few friends went camping. in the middle of the night i woke up and went outside to take a leak, when i noticed that a tree was obscuring the stars so that only the ones i saw in my dream were visible. i decided to chuck a rock at the star i hit in the dream, and when i did i heard a strange noise, and the star disappeared. i walked over to the tree and found an unconcious/dead bird (i think it was a magpie). it seems the 'star' was the reflection of the moon from the bird's eye. i laughed at such an odd occurance, and then went back to sleep.

Dreams

Post 5

that is indeed odd and kinda heartless too, you could at least have buried the magpie.

Maybe we can all get glimpses of the future in our dreams a bit like a trailer for real life.

Dreams

Post 6

Click, hum

it couldn't be a prediction of the future, because it would be a paradox (see the entry on time travel). if i had never had the dream i would never had thrown the rock.

Dreams

Post 7

But if you believe in the theory that there are many alternate realities depending on what choices you make, then your dream was a glimpse at one version of a future reality where the rock fell to earth after you threw it.
When you were actually camping a crow decided that the tree would be a good place to chill for a while and changed the version of reality you experienced by inserting itself between you and the reality you dreamt about thus fatally intercepting the rock that fell to earth uneventfuly in your dream reality.

Wonder if the crow was called Agrajag?

PS when taking a leak ouside always chck theres no electric fencing around beforehand

Dreams

Post 8

Rasa

I had one of those "pack up, you have to leave immediately" dreams a few nights ago. Someone was burning all the rooms with our stuff in them, so we had to get our things out quick. I was in such a hurry to pack underwear and socks, and then scrambling to get all my CDs in a bag too. The more I thought about leaving, the more stuff I thought I had to bring.

Then there was the dream in which I was first alive, then dead but loving it (hey, I could fly, people could see me, I could touch things, it was like living, but better). However they had put up an extremely kitschy memorial stone for me which I hated. Then it turned out I wasn't dead, it was someone else, and I was glad to be rid of the horrible memorial thing. Later I was dead again though.
Death turns up quite often - the scariest dream of late was of a wood filled with deceased children. That was really bad.

Dreams

Post 9

mushroomluva

have you ever dreamed about reading a book?
i did once and it was totaly amazing!
no idea what was in the book though smiley - biggrin

Dreams

Post 10

Stephanie Ammmerman

Dreams-
I love to dream. I am able to stop and control my dreams when I want. I can explain why I can do that, but simply it is one place that is all my own and I am powered to do what I please. I have been able to do it since I was about 10years old. smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post