A Conversation for Dreams

Freudian Theory

Post 1

Lizardboy

Freud Believed that dreams were an important part of Psychoanalysis. He considered them all to be connected with sex. For instance, if you dreamt about a snake or a bullet then you were thinking about a man's bits. If you dreamt about caves or valleys then that was ladies bits. Dreaming about playing with children means masturbation accordin to Freud.

I beleive that dreams are a random collecion of thoughts from the past and sometimes the future (hence 'Psychic dreams.')

Freudian Theory

Post 2

sunshine78

umm dreams are.. from what i remember..and know.. not only bits of what happened during the day like conversations with poeple, and thoughts that ran thru your head.. but also have symbolic meaning- and all of it may not be related to sex, or men's and women's bits!!!
like often dreaming about clothes/ attire can symbolise a change in role, or a certain fear or concern about a transition or new role in life( eg. a new job, a new friendship, relationship etc. )
and i've seen its quite true.
often i've had these wierd dreams when i'm like nude, or changing clothes in public.. and almost always its been at a time when i was thinking about a new job offer, or a new person in life!
cool, huh!1

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more