This is the Message Centre for Spirit

Land o' da wee folk

Post 1

Spirit

Sigh. Returned last night from a wonderful coupla days off in the enchanting land that is the Emerald Isle. Found leprechauns and gnomes everywhere, one or two elves, a coupla pixies, and one fairy. Tho I must say that the fairies were there all along- guiding us to special places at just the right moments.

The west coast is phenomenal. Slea Head on the Dingle Peninsula resonantes a timeless power and a sadness of simplicity and goodness lost - interesting to feel this and find out later that this was the place that the christians set forth from to evangelise Europe. You can feel it there. It's utterly palpable. That place will haunt me forever.

The Ring of Kerry tis divine. Imagine a gently flowing serpentine river sleepily gliding through an untouched valley betwixt luscious enchanted mountains. Time before time.

Glendalough - an ancient Monastic city now in ruins - nestles amongst the most enchanted forest I have ever been in. Peace pervades. Forgive me - but 'twas like one of those utopian planets the crew of Star Trek might set down on where the land was green and plenty and the people at ease and happy.

So much more. So very much more. Suffice it to say that 'tis easy to see why Ireland has sprouted such stories of enchantment and wonder.

And the guiness...well, it's gooooood. No hangovers. Big belly but 'twas worth every drop.

Recomendation - if yer ever in Athlone, drop by Sean's Bar - it's the best. Claims to be the oldest bar in Ireland. When in there after a guiness or two, imagine the bar is located deep within an enchanted forest under a rotten, moss covered log with toadstools around it. And then look around at the folk in the bar. T'moight be an elf over at da bar. And I'm sure dat was a leprechaun. Gawd - dere's a fairy too smiley - winkeye

Magic. Pure magic. smiley - magic

I miss Eire already. smiley - fairy

Land o' da wee folk

Post 2

Metal Chicken

My word you packed a lot into your "coupla days off" smiley - smiley

Just came over smiley - footprints to congratulate you on the wonderful new smileys. Thankyou, thankyou smiley - cheerup

Then found you've been over to my ancestral home lately - delighted to hear you enjoyed it so much. Glendalough is pretty special isn't it, particularly if you go early in the morning when the dew's still glistening on the ground and there's a gentle mist rising from the lakes. smiley - zen Wish I was an smiley - artist to do the place justice.

Does Fungie (?name) the dolphin still frolic near Dingle? Whatever, the West coast of Ireland's gorgeous and I wanna go back soon.
smiley - cry a gentle tear falls in nostalgic reminiscence.

Land o' da wee folk

Post 3

Spirit

Thanks for popping by Metal Chicken.

Glad to see you're enjoying the new smileys smiley - smiley

Indeed Ireland is a beautiful and elemental place and I will want to return there again and again. Had to resist the urge in Glendalough to fall into an enchanted sleep in a wooded glen and not return for a hundred years...but the smileys were calling me so there u go.

smiley - zen Now, for a little mediation on the next round...

Sri smiley - fairy

p.s. Oh yes - the dolphin's name is Fergie, and he is still there - somewhere amidst the hoardes of tourists! Hey...time for a dolphin smiley huh? How could I forget smiley - doh

Land o' da wee folk

Post 4

J'au-æmne

Co. Kerry is so lovely... I went there a few years ago, hope to go back next year sometime. smiley - magic My ancestors are from co. Cork, though.

Joanna

PS, I specially like all the fish...smiley - schooloffishsmiley - bluefish

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Spirit

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more