This is the Message Centre for Metal Chicken

gliding

Post 1

mav

hello mr metal chicken.
first of all, great article on gliding. ive always wanted to, and even though my first trainer aircraft was a diamond katana, a variant of an austrian glider (and i did quite a bit of engine-out execises to satisfying the suicidal tendencies of my flight instructor), i cant say that i have had as of yet a real complete gliding flight. but that is DEFINITELY on the to-do-list.
also i liked the 'interview' article that you authored and i couldnt help blush upon reading a mistake or two that i have made. well nobody's perfect, even us pilots...
lastly, on that you are also a guitar player...here's lookin at you kid.
mav

gliding

Post 2

Metal Chicken

Thanks for the kind words on my writings. Actually, the "interview" entry was one of the collaborative efforts that are put together from responses to the front page talking points and credit everyone who contributes. That's a good way to get lots of articles into your official edited guide list.
Hope you do get around to trying out gliding. To my way of thinking it's a much more natural form of flying than the motorised version. Also it's a great intellectual challenge trying to work out where your next bit of lift is coming from and how you're going to make it back home. We have a few commercial airline pilot members of my gliding club who choose to come flying for pleasure without engines. They seem to pick up the basics easily enough from their power flying experience but agree it's a very different sport.
Cheers
MC
(ps Not that it really matters but I'm a hen chicken rather than a rooster)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Metal Chicken

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more