A Conversation for The Rhinoceros Party of Canada

I'd be tempted to vote for them...

Post 1

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Great entry about a wonderful-sounding party. Minority parties do tend to make elections that little bit more entertaining, don't they?

David

Post 2

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

In the early 80s, I wanted to vote for them. I was 20'ish and working in St John's, Newfoundland. Their Maritime slogan was "sex, drugs, rock'n'roll and a causeway to Newfoundland". All the sort of stuff that really rang true with my crowd. smiley - laugh

Post 3

Citizen Sweeps

I wouldn't be tempted-I WOULD vote for them.

For the upcoming presidential election in the US (well, not exactly upcoming, 2008), I'm organizing a write-in campaign for Giant Talking Rock.

If Giant Talking Rock wins just one state, my job will be done.

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks for the entry! Would all politicians had a sense of humour.

I wish we had a party like that in the US.

Post 5

Citizen Sweeps

Same here.

I had to write this when I noticed it wasn't in the guide. It's a topic close to me. smiley - smiley

Post 6

echomikeromeo

Sounds more like an h2g2 election party than a real-life one!smiley - smiley

A very nice entry about what appears to have been a really smiley - cool organisation.smiley - ok

Post 7

Citizen Sweeps

An H2G2 party would be great-I'd vote for them.

Let's make it happen.

Post 8

lonelywurm

For anyone still watching this, the Rhino Party's trying to stage a comeback.

Brian Salmi, legal name Satan, is contesting a by-election in Outremont, Québec. It's also being contested by François Gourd, leader of the Neo-Rhinos. Man I love Canadian politics.

Probably the best part is that "Satan" is launching a $50 million CAD lawsuit against the Canadian government for the law that led to the Rhino Party being disbanded in 1993 - official title of the suit, "Satan vs. Her Majesty the Queen".

I don't know what they're promising this time around, but could be fun to watch.

Post 9

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

*makes a note to watch the news-wires ... smiley - laugh*

Post 10

4me-2me (Please don't 8me)

Now, they changed, about 5 months ago, their name for Neo-Rhino. Neo is their for the guy in the Matrice, not for new rhino. This is serious.
But they are becoming really silly. They are no fun anymore...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more