This is the Message Centre for Katsy a.k.a. Esti

EVIL MAP!! AND SO IS THE DISTRICT LINE!!!

Post 1

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Well well what a day...

Me and my friends were sposed to go from Southend Victoria at 9:50 to Liverpool Street then get to Camden for about 11:30. Talk about things not exactly going to plan......

Firstly my friend missed the bus to my house (not her fault I hasten to add here!), then it turned out the Liverpool street line had buses in for trains from southend to wickford, so they advised us to get the c2c line to fenchurch street. Fine, whatever. We got into Southend Central (which is the line to fenchurch street) and some stupid woman argues with the only person at the ticket booth so we miss the train, so we have to wait till 10:45, by which time my other friends have all got into Liverpool Street, meanwhile everyone else we were supposed to be meeting were all on their way to meet us in Camden. While we were waiting at Southend Central I picked up this booklet with a map (sorry i have a facination for maps!), and while on the train i thought it would be a good idea to get off at Barking and get the Hammersmith and City line there to Liverpool Street.

So we get into Barking and we can only find a District Line platform. So we get that THE WRONG WAY!!! So we had to go back again the other way to the stop after Barking, again we cant find a H&C platform, so we go to the next stop, where we discover that buses are replacing trains!!! So my friend suggested we go to Barking and get the c2c train to Fenchurch Street, which came at 12:28. An hour after we arrange to meet everyone else in Camden. we finally pull into Fenchurch street around 12:50, 2 hours after we were sposed to get to Liverpool Street. Then we got the underground from Tower Hill to liverpool street where we meet one friend who had been waiting for us for over 2 hours! Then at 1:30 we got into Camden to meet the others. Oh what a day. At least the laughs that followed made up for our 4 hour agony!

Key: Complain about this post

EVIL MAP!! AND SO IS THE DISTRICT LINE!!!

More Conversations for Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more