This is the Message Centre for Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

A Twist of the Knife

Post 21

Dizzy H. Muffin

I do, but it'd annoy the Moderators. smiley - cuddle

A Twist of the Knife

Post 22

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Well, I can only speak for myself (and unofficially, of course), but this mod is more annoyed by the situation than I possibly could be at any words used to describe it.

Lil, your landlady and her daughter are well beyond irresponsible. They're downright despicable. I hope what goes around comes back around and bites them both in their stupid arses. Sadly, I have to wonder if her property insurance company will cough up any monetary compensation, as she and her daughter didn't take normal - and expected - precautions to prevent feral animals from entering the premises. Even if they didn't have all those cats... what about wild animals, like possums or armadillos or whatever all else you have out there? Any critter could've gotten in through that unsecured cat flap. IDIOTS. smiley - steam

I'm not a person normally prone to rampant litigiousness, but do you could find an attorney without a retainer up front, and sue for the damages to your personal property? Although in this case your landlady was so grossly negligent, one would think she should be held liable, do you have renter's insurance, to at least cover the replacement cost of your personal belongings?

I hope you can find suitable housing soon, for both you and your cats. Please let me know if I can do anything to help. smiley - hug

A Twist of the Knife

Post 23

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Clearly I am so annoyed on your behalf, I have temporarily lost the ability to form coherent sentences.

"but do you could find" = "but do you think you could find"

A Twist of the Knife

Post 24

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

After the weekend I'll be contacting the Legal Aid Society here in ABQ. They do pro bono work related to housing and can tell me whether I have a tort and how big it is and what color and all. smiley - silly Sorry, it's a serious matter, but my room mate kept me up most of the night with her "sundowner" delirium and agitation. Round about 3 a.m. she managed to hurt herself and she was taken out of the room and up to the nurses' station for constant observation. So I am pretty tired.

But I really need to talk to a lawyer before I talk to my landlady or house sitter. No, I didn't have insurance. I thought the worst that could happen was theft, and I was always at home. I think the landlady has the place insured, though.

A Twist of the Knife

Post 25

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Would your landlady be able to collect on it, though, since the damage was the result of a family member's negligence?

"Negligence" is such an inadequate word for what occurred here... smiley - cross

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more